Inglesina Twin Swift (with pics)

SPJ&E

As you know, I got my Inglesina Twin Swift today. I haven't had a chance to go out with it yet, so I've just pushed the boys around the house so far, lol.

So it was really stiff to unfold...but I'm sure I'll get better at it when I remember what I'm supposed to do! It was really easy to fold, but as a lot of people have complained, the canopy did sort of pop off. There are 3 points of attachments and only 1 came loose, so not too bad. I can deal with that...annoying, but I can deal with it.

It was easy to push around the house AND it does go through the doorways AND it fits in my little trunk (one thing I was really worried about) very well!

The one thing I don't like is the harness. They just don't get tight enough for my liking...not even close. They are as tight as they get on both boys and still loose (very loose on Joshua). I put an infant head support (that I JUST got out of the box...it was bought for Pacey before he was born) in Joshua's side, just to support his head a little better since he was laying down.

They both LOVED the stroller though! Joshua didn't want to move, lol...he just layed there! Pacey climbed up in it and said "Push it!" and I had to push them back and forth about two hundred and fifty six times, lol.

These pictures, you're going to love! You know how everyone is always saying they turned their kids forward-facing because they "looked uncomfortable with their legs all scrunched up"...well why on earth does Pacey have his feet up instead of all stretched out...pictures say a thousand words!

DSCN4835.jpg

DSCN4836.jpg

DSCN4838.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

Oh, they look so happy and comfy. Dang, Dh and I should have tried out that stroller!! We ended up with a Peg Plikomatic 3 that has the ride plate. It works great, but your stroller maybe something else to look at. I just also realized that our kids are the same distance apart in age. LOL

Let us know how it pushes at the mall and other stores that have that slick surface floor.

Yoshi

So cute, those two boys! I love the stroller, too. Hope you have fun testing it out next time you go out. I never used the upper part of the harnesses on my Inglesina Espresso, Maclarens or my Pliko for that matter because DD is 3.5 and always freaked out about them being loose and in her way since she was about 2. So I just took that part off. Plus, she isn't a leaper-outer or anything. But I always use the bottom (3pt) part. Anything to make her happy. well, almost anything!

sirrahn

You know my canopy popped off at first too, until I figured out that I'd snapped it on in the wrong place. It actually attaches much lower than it seems like it should and the directions aren't all that clear. I'm NAK at the moment & she's sleeping so I can't go check mine right now and looking at your pictures, I think yours is right, but you might play around with it.

Just keep stomping on the back to get it unfolded...it will get at least a little better (or else I've just gotten used to it;-)

Congrats!

SPJ&E

At first I attached the canopy too high. Like you said, the pictures are not very clear...but I figured it out once I seen the velcro! We're getting ready to go out, so I'll let you all know how it goes later!

SPJ&E

Well we went to the mall and to Wal-Mart yesterday to give the stroller a good try, lol! I LOVE it! It is so easy to push/steer and fit through most aisles extremely well. JC Penney and Sears were tough, but they cram the clothing racks together, so I wasn't surprised...no big deal!

It fit through ALL doorways we came across very well and went through Wal-Mart like a dream. We had no problems getting it through any aisles, doors, or around corners...it was great!

The stroller is already getting easier to unfold, it's not quite as stiff, and it's super easy to fold up and fit in the trunk of both of our small cars. The best part...the boys LOVE it, especially Joshua! Joshua fell asleep in it at the mall and at Wal-Mart.

I found a use for the body pillow I took out of the Decathlon. I put it in Joshua's seat and it fits and supports him perfectly! It also makes the harness fit him better! I took a picture:
DSCN4845.jpg

I think that's all I can say...we really love the stroller and I am very happy I chose this one!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OOOOOH that's a great idea! I may have to steal that one! We aren't using our DCs pillows either...yippee! Now they aren't wasted! LOL

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
What a clever idea to use the DC pillow in the stroller, and glad you like the stroller. Your little guys look so comfy riding in it, not to mention so cute. :)

SPJ&E

Thanks! (I am proud of my idea, lol)...it works and like KaysKidz said, the pillow's not wasted just sitting around!

gwenvet

I got the MacLaren double because I found it on sale but I often wish that I had gotten the Inglesina. We have the single Inglesina and I LOVE it. Not that the MacLaren is bad, but for the money, the Inglesina is GREAT!!! Enjoy.

LuvBug

where did you get yours? I think I have talked my sister into getting a side by side umbrella instead of the usual tandem. She can barely lift her single graco, cant imagine her being able to handle a double.

Morganthe

Awwww, they look adorable and happy in their new stroller.

As far as the harnesses being too loose, you might not have too much of an issue with that. Clothes, especially jackets take up a lot of the slack. You only have to be concerned that they can't wiggle or fall out. A center strap tie hooking the two shoulder straps to one another could help you out on that one.

What I did with the Quinny since it had very long straps too, I wrapped the slack up up end over end and tied them firmly around with velcro straps. Similar to what I did on my old rucksack straps. Took up about 2 inches of looseness. But this year, my dd NEEDS the extra length.
The velcro tab straps are also great for attaching to the metal areas on an upper stroller to hook plastic shopping bags too :)

But don't worry too much, it's not as if they're in car seats :p :D

SPJ&E

where did you get yours? I think I have talked my sister into getting a side by side umbrella instead of the usual tandem. She can barely lift her single graco, cant imagine her being able to handle a double.

I got it at albeebaby.com...they always have great prices! I warn you though, it's not light! It's manageable, but not light!

Splash

It is heavy, but no heavier than most doubles. But it folds TINY. Not much bigger than a single. I've never seen a full featured side by side fold this small.

SPJ&E

It pushes great...VERY easy! Going around corners is a breeze...it's really nice! It lays almost flat, but not completely. It would be okay for a smaller baby is you just put rolled blankets or something around his/her sides (I have the Decathlon insert in it for Joshua). The harness, like I mentioned, is loose, so blankets are a great idea for a younger baby.

I hope that helps!

LuvBug

does the harness come out at the back of the seat? like you could pull slack out through the back and shorten it with a stitch? That is how the maclarens do, but I have never seen an inglesina in real life.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC