is it like purses??

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
so i'm relatively new to the car seat addiction, but is it going to be like purses? you know... i just really want a new one and then in a couple months i'll start using the old one again and want a different new one? ...that's just kinda how i'm seeing it going.
i absolutely love my marathon, i love the install, i love how my daughter fits in it. but for weeks i have really really wanted to get an RN XT! (it was actually a couple nights before i saw that they are going to go to 40#RF...i had a dream about the malibu xt in my car...how pathetic right??) and why do i really really want one?? just because i do! i have no NEED... it's going to be like this forever isn't it...?!

ADS

NannyMom

I'm not into purses, but yes. I have a dozen convertibles for DD, and right now her primary seat is the first conbvertible we bought (long before the addiction started). And I do want a Malibu XT. And a million covers for the 1 Marathon rarely used in grandma's car.

April

Yep. Its the same as purses. Or shoes, or diaper bags, or whatever your thing has been. 2 years ago I had one seat for one kid. Now I have 13 seats for 4 kids. So yeah, that's the way it goes. I still love purses though and if you do too, you might consider a Harvey's bag: http://www.seatbeltbags.com/collections.html :evil grin::whistle:

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
Yep. Its the same as purses. Or shoes, or diaper bags, or whatever your thing has been. 2 years ago I had one seat for one kid. Now I have 13 seats for 4 kids. So yeah, that's the way it goes. I still love purses though and if you do too, you might consider a Harvey's bag: http://www.seatbeltbags.com/collections.html :evil grin::whistle:

LOL those are really cute!! yeah, my purse obsession has kinda turned to diaper bags too....but definitely going back to that harvey's bag website later :) thanks.

when i was pregnant i was all excited to get a carseat and i knew the one i wanted and you know, just got the one.....but now i have 3 for my almost one year old and already want more...:eek:
(and yes, i did read the how many kids/carseats thread last week so i know i'm nowhere close to lots of you yet):p

niccig

I don't have a purse addiction. I think I have more car seats than purses actually.

I've found that I get the seats I like, and as DS is a slow grower, he can stay in them for some time. So, there's no need to buy a new one, much to my disappointment. I bought 2 seats in 2007, and then not another seat until mid-2009 - and only because he was soon going to be out of our travel seat, soon as in early 2010 and I got the GO and RSTV on sale...I have no need to buy another seat for some time. I do miss getting something new in the mail :whistle: So, I just come here and read about all the new seats and don't buy... 1 DC and currently 5 seats, soon to be 4 when pass the Uptown on to MIL for the other grandchildren - DS still fits, but we don't need it as have FOUR others...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC