Squeaky BJCE

Jordynsmama

So my expensive stroller already is very very squeaky and I dont like it.
Its the suspension- the foot rest right above the front wheels-when it gets pressed down or anytime I am pushing it really it squeaks. What should I do?

ADS

lovinwaves

Yes, silicone or Teflon spray is recommended for strollers. :) It's best to spray your stroller once a month. Hope that solves your problem!

Have you been taking it on the beach?

Jordynsmama

So where exactly do I spray it? On the screws on the suspension? Can I get it at target or something?
No girl I am not taking that thing on the beach! I am buying a used lightweight double umbrella of CL for the beach and to take them from my car to my apt. We have just been to the beach once so far and we carried them. That was fun.
Im too scared to mess it up! I already left the flap form the console out of the trunk and the door closed on it and made a small tear and oil stains:rolleyes:
Anyway thanks!!

southpawboston

WD40 isn't really recommended, because it attracts dust, IIRC.

yes, WD40 does attract dust, but only when it's overdone, silly. :p most people spray that stuff like crazy. correctly done, it's incredibly effective and won't attract dirt.

and honestly, isn't a small amount of dust preferable to any of the other mess toddlers cause on strollers?

i've never had good luck with silicone or graphite sprays, except in locks. never for squeaks.

southpawboston

So where exactly do I spray it? On the screws on the suspension? Can I get it at target or something?

spray a small amount only where you can identify the squeak coming from. it is probably at a point where the plastic foot rest is rubbing against a part of the stroller frame, not the screw. wipe off any excess visible spray.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC