Britax Husky and 2003 Subaru Forester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylantomcat

I REALLY want the Britax Husky for my 3 year old son but I have some serious doubts that'll fit in the back of my Forester. I've searched the threads fo any info about Foresters but can't find any.

Can someone PLEASE measure the depth of the Husky from where it butts up to the back of their car's seat to the front of the seat where the kids legs hang over (does that make any sense at all?)? According to the babyage.com website it's 22.5 inches deep but I don't know how they're measuring. That would bring the front of the Husky about 5 inches past the actual car seat.

Any help would be VERY, VERY appreciated!!! :confused:

ADS

Robert

CPST Instructor
Product Dimensions 30.25"H x 22"W x 22.5"D. This is the overall dimension of the seat. You will want at least 80% of the Husky on the siting on the vehicle seat.

U

Unregistered

Forrester thoughts

I was thinking about your post last night as I rode in the back of our Forrester, sitting behind DH who was driving. My knees were squarely against the back of his seat. I'm only 5ft5.5, and DH is 5ft 6.

Even if you have 80% of the husky on the forrester back seat, you'll need to make sure you have enough room for your childs LEGS between the end of the husky and the back of the front seat or seats.

-Michelle

Robert

CPST Instructor
This can be a problem with smaller vehicles and larger child seats. If the seat is installed on the passenger side, You may have to push the front seat forwarded to accommodate the child seat in back, and if a person sits in the front passenger seat, they may be too close to the passanger side air bag if there is one there.

Its not always easy for parents. You may also consider having a technician take a look at what you have for suggestions. You can find a technician at the "Free Carseat Inspection" link at the top.

dylantomcat

Thank you

I just wanted to post an update. I bought the Husky on Friday and it fits great, it doesn't really stick out past the vehicle seat edge at all. I didn't use the recline bar but I have the seat latched and tethered. I probably could go ahead and add the recline bar if I have to - I've read though that's it's ok to not use it as long as it's tethered. I hope this is true.

The seat was REALLY easy to install - I was all set for it to be very difficult and it was a breeze. I'm surprised that in the actual instructions athat come with the seat, it doesn't tell you to grab the latch straps through the openings in the front of the seat and pull on them until it's tight. No wonder in some of the epinion reviews, people are having such a hard time. Thank goodness for this website! So - the seat is in there like a rock and I'm very grateful for all the help that I got from this website.

U

Unregistered

I just had to reply to myself 5+ years after posting this. The seat ended up fitting very well. In fact, after my son moved to a booster, my daughter (now 4) used it for a couple of years. Today, I finally bid farewell to this wonderful seat and replaced it with a regular booster. Turns out that I can actually fit three humans in the back, without the Husky :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the really cool update. :)

Since the thread is older I'm going to close it to further discussion, but it's great to hear you got such great use out of the seat.

You didn't mention exactly what you bought in way of a booster in terms of if it's a seat with a harness that converts to a booster, or a dedicated booster. If it's a dedicated booster, I'd encourage you to do some checking into extended harnessing. There's threads galore about it around here. Most kids aren't mature enough to sit properly in a booster the entire trip every trip until around the age of 5 or 6, and we like to see kids being at least 40lbs as well. I'm not sure of your dd's exact age or other stats, but just wanted to mention it to you.

Thanks again for the update, and if you have any questions about anything feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help you. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC