Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Smile Radian65 in Granite DOM 8/08

I am buying a radian locally from a member here (she does not have access to swap). I want to offer her a fair amount for her radian with a 8/08 manufacture date she also has one with a 7/08 manufacture date.
    She said great conditin.

What would I give her for one? ANyone know? We both have no idea.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian65 in Granite DOM 8/08

I'm looking for a Radian and wanted to make sure my budget was reasonable before asking....

I can find them online for $199, if they're good for 8 years then that's about $25 per year. 8/08 is about a year old. So $199-$25. About $175.
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com

I'd say $150..

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* View Post
    I want to offer her a fair amount for her radian with a 8/08 manufacture date
    Just to clarify, you know that only Radians with a 9/08 DOM and later can RF to 40 lbs, right? I know that you said in a thread elsewhere that you wanted to get one to RF your son, so just thought I'd point that out.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

honestly? And I'm not just sayign this cuz I like you and want to get a smokin deal, LOL, but not much. with the new revelation about 9/08 and later radians being Rfing to 40 lbs, i think that devalues 8/08 and earlier radians significantly. "old" models frequnelty devalue when a newer model comes out..that's just standard operating procedure...it's why you can get something BRAND NEW on clearance for half price when a new version comes out, you know?
    Plus, as i've said before, I think you pay more for having something new and getting taht first use out of it, and less for the later years of it's life..sort of like depreciation, you know? you lose 20% just for driving the new car off the lot~!

Anyway....$195 new right now, minus the "used" depreciation of say $20, minus the year of use at about $25, minues the fact that it is an "old" model and does not have the newer features or RFing capability, say another $25, so i probably wouldn't pay more than $125 for it, honestly.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

CPS Advocate

That divide the price by the year trick for pricing old seats is really only fair for NIB. You need to take off a chunk for use, even if it's EUC. If it's GUC or less, a substantially larger chunk.

So if a brand new Radian 65 costs about 200, I'd start with immediately removing 30 for the 40 lb thing. Then 25 for the year of use. And then another 30-50 for use. In other words...I don't think a year old used Radian is worth more than 100.

I'd say $120 tops if it's in great condition.
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

Well jeez, this is looking good for me! Haha.
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com

CPS Fanatic

Good to know. I will copy and paste this to her for her to see.

I do want one I think that RF to 40 pounds, but think I may go with an XT. I am really thinking of filling my car with radian's! LOL! I think I want 3 radian's across.

Once comes fall I will have:

22 month old(maybe)-still waiting for interview
    18 months old (teeny torso)-22 pounds
    almost 3 year old(34 pounds)-tall torso-she is in radian65 now, second from top.
    4 year old(tall torso)-he is on top slots of a radian
    4 1/2 year old(logan)-second from top slots of a radian
    Michael is in a booster(but, he will be in school full time and when he has days off the 18 month old won't be here, because mom is a teacher).