any objection to the Sparkles Turbobooster?

Hollyob

We are looking at getting one of the cheaper Turboboosters for our vacation (as detailed in a post a few months ago), and the cheapest one I am seeing is Walmart's Sparkles. (OK, the cheapest is Allbee's Galore, but I don't like it). Does anybody have anything bad to say about that one? Any concerns about the cover? I don't want to buy it and then find out it there is something bad or annoying about that particular one. TIA!

ETA: so *after* I posted this, I searched for "sparkles" and found the recent thread about the different TBs. Now I am not so sure about getting Sparkles. So Galore has the foam? It's kind of unattractive (to me) but if it's safer/more comfy, maybe we'll get it. The longest drive we'll be taking on this vacation is LA to San Diego, if that helps. I see that Amazon has Wander for $60 with free S&H, and BRU has Messenger for $51 (with coupon), but that doesn't include S&H. Any thoughts? He usually rides in a Nautilus.

ADS

Jonah Baby

I have read some studies conducted by some safety source (I really do need to find the website again, everyone on here would appreciate it) about chemical testing done on different types of carseats. They tested for things like lead, bromine, mercury, etc. I do believe that the sparkle turbo came back very positive for dangerous chemicals...

Just a thought to consider?

Will search for that site...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
honestly, I'd personally try to get over my issues with the g galore because it does have the comfort foam. Utility over aesthetics, you know?

Hollyob

Thanks for the info. I suppose the best thing to do is to see and feel them in the store first. Will try that this week.

mum2two

Even though your aren't driving that much, that LA to SD drive can take ages, traffic is deadly too, when I lived in SD I never saw so many wrecks and bad drivers...I'd go for the safest and most comfy.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was touching carseats the other day (only a member of this board, right...? lol) and I'm pretty sure I thought 'darn, that is HARD' when I knocked on the seat of that one. There are even some without the gracopedic foam that are plenty comfy, it has to do with the amount of padding in the cover, and the really cheap ones just seem to have paper thin covers :(

Maedze

I have a Lizards in Line booster. No added padding in the seat, but DS loves it, and actually significantly prefers it to the FPSVB which does have a line of foam in the seat area.

adamsmommy

I have a Lizards in Line booster. No added padding in the seat, but DS loves it, and actually significantly prefers it to the FPSVB which does have a line of foam in the seat area.

This is us too. We got one to booster train. I simply love the way my son fits in it. And he loves the lizards. I wish I had gotten 2 when they were on sale. He is in a Radian 65 so he is used to not much padding.

Hollyob

We just ordered the Galore one from Albee. We tried them out at TRU today, and DS preferred the more padded version. And since it was only $40 at Albee, we went with it. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC