Where to put whom?

jewlsvern

Currently DD is behind the driver in my Mazda 5. I am debating where to put DS when he arrives.

My first thought was to put DS behind the driver and move DD to the passenger side. The second row has 2 captains chairs. Then I could send DD through to her seat, snap DS in his SR, and walk around and buckle DD. Getting out I would take out DS and walk around to unbuckle DD. This would mean setting down the infant seat.

Then I was thinking it might be easier to just put DS behind the passenger. Then I can load and buckle DD and then walk around and snap in DS. Getting out I would get DD out first and walk around to unsnap the SR. This would mean DD would be loose for a second while I remove the infant seat.

What do you think is easier and what spots would you recommend for the 2 kids?

Occasionally I have DNi and DNe who will be in the 3rd row. I will send them to the back before I snap in the infant seat.

ADS

aeormsby

I would put the older child on the driver's side. We switched the kids around some, and did the same thing - I would lift DD into the car and have her get in her seat and then put DS's seat into the base. One time (you really only do these things once) I put DD in her seat (passenger side) and went around to put DS in his seat/base. And since I was on the driver's side got in and started the car. Thankfully DD was verbal enough to say she wasn't buckled in! (she was still RF so I didn't have a good view of her straps from the front seat). It was much more natural to put them both in from the passenger side and then open the back door on the driver's side to finish buckling DD on my way to get in the car.

Ann

ETA - and I still will unbuckle DD from her seat and have her crawl out the other side when I'm getting DS out (the are 3.5yo & 1.5yo now)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC