OMG... Safety 1st... complete air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

capeKO71

Re: OMG... Safety 1st... air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

yeah - I think they will regret this price point... with the Myride being $100 less... they have a tough market to compete with.

Now, on the TRU site, it specifically says "two modes" not three... so I wonder... but yeah... those do look like belt guides...

ADS

capeKO71

You know what... I think it's the Safety 1st "all-in-one" seat without the base...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

You know what... I think it's the Safety 1st "all-in-one" seat without the base...
Yup. That's all it is. If they are making it a booster I just hope the lapbelt cutouts are lower/deeper. It might be tall enough for my tall 3 yo, though... :D

capeKO71

What I really would like to see is them change all their seats to the 40lb rear facing limit! :)

emandbri

It's an Enspira, with wings..........

Yep it does look like one but with the AO adjuster. I've actually never heard or seen an enspira, is it hard to install rear-facing?

The adjuster is low like on the avenue, no doubt it will get buried.

I guess there target buyers are folks who spend a lot of money on a seat but don't research it. :whistle:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

Britax has stated that they are not planning on testing past 35# at this point because they do not believe (and I agree!) that their current seats can accommodate children past 35#. IF (big if) they are planning on introducing an EERF seat, I don't think it will be any time soon.

Jennifer mom to my 7

that link isnt working.

britax where art thou? maybe they are denying testing to 40 lbs bc they are really testing to 50? oh i couldnt find more joy than that!

Just 10 minutes ago the link worked:confused: Now it doesn't?:scratcheshead:

Mommy0608

When I click the link it says, "This video has been removed by the user."

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Don't they know I HAVE to see this seat?!?!?!

aisraeltax

it took me to TRU but no seat.

well, i think that stinks about britax. i love their seats for so many reasons but when you have a 35 lb. kid, and they arent stepping forward...well, customer loyalty only goes so far.

Maedze

Video is gone...and the TRU link is a dud.

*grumbles to self*

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Yep it does look like one but with the AO adjuster. I've actually never heard or seen an enspira, is it hard to install rear-facing?

:

Enspira was just an AO without the base, and a big funky headrest.

luvmy2

All I really want to know is WHY? when my baby is 38.5 pounds, WHY are they ONLY going to 40 pounds ;) *I* need a tall shell seat that RFs to 50 FIFTY pounds PLEASE! :whistle:

Me toooo!!!!!

kandamom

But no booster! Thank you, Dorel! Ok, Russ, two brands in front of you now, do something!

I can only hope! I had posted about my 32 lb. almost 24-month-old in his 2004 marathon. I was thinking about getting him a 35 lb rf seat (no graco for us). I guess I should hold off on a purchase at the moment, because who knows what the market could look like within the next half a year. I want a True Fit with a 40-45 rf limit, even if it is the more expensive ARB model. Either that or the long awaited 40 rf radian...

I know there are so many people on these boards. What do you think would happen if we all gave Learning Curve, Britax, and Sunshine Kids a call or sent them e-mails about this? (I'm sure many of us already have.:D)

I wish I could have seen the link on the Toys R Us website! This looks to be a very promising option for us, other than the fact that it sounds expensive for a dorel seat.

Rebecca

DahliaRW

Britax has stated that they are not planning on testing past 35# at this point because they do not believe (and I agree!) that their current seats can accommodate children past 35#. IF (big if) they are planning on introducing an EERF seat, I don't think it will be any time soon.

At least they are smart about not wasting their time with their current shell height. Really, a 50lb rfing MA is not going to get many kids beyond 35-40lbs. Now add a couple inches to shell height, and maybe...

gecikuh

Senior Community Member

i want to see!!! ...i wasn't on much yesterday and apparently missed it :crying:

emandbri

I don't see where it says it goes to 40 lbs rear facing, I happen to have the video still on my iPod and just watched it again. Does it say it in the description? I don't seem to have the whole description.

djma

I don't see where it says it goes to 40 lbs rear facing, I happen to have the video still on my iPod and just watched it again. Does it say it in the description? I don't seem to have the whole description.

I wasn't able to watch the video - but it did have it in the description on the TRU website.

christineka

It was in the video's description. I had hoped that the video was about rfing, but it was all about the air cushions and only showed the seat ffing.

I hope the seat rivals the MyRide in leg room. While we know legroom doesn't matter for safety, it does matter when you are stuffing a skinny, long legged kid in rfing. My dd only weighs 30 pounds, but does not have enough leg room in the avenue. It is now the spare seat.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member

See, w/out a noodle in my van, the MR65 was VERY upright and had no leg room for my kids. Ilana has a fat noodle under her Avene and has more leg room in it than her BV IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC