WWYD? Infant seat or convertible

desiree_leigh

I had hernia repair surgery today (ugh) and I can NOT lift Kiara in her SS1. I can leave the SS1 in the car and treat it as a convertible, but I have to say I find it awkward to buckle her into, moreso in the vehicle. I also have a TF that I could have DH install instead and use that until I'm healed, and go back to the SS1 at that point. The only reason I'd continue to use the SS1 is that then DH could take her out IN the seat when we go out as a family. WWYD? Why? TIA!

ADS

bubbaray

I'd use the TF if it fits her. Both my girls fit the MA at birth, so I'd definitely try her in it. You might never go back -- my girls H.A.T.E.D. the infant seat.

hope you're feeling better!

andre149

I would do whatever is easiest for you right now :)

She'll be safe in either seat... and if one is significantly easier for you to use that's the one that I would put in the car.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly!

desiree_leigh

I'd use the TF if it fits her. Both my girls fit the MA at birth, so I'd definitely try her in it. You might never go back -- my girls H.A.T.E.D. the infant seat.

hope you're feeling better!

Yeah Mikaylah HATED the infant seat and went to a RA really early on. I tried Kiara in the MA yday just in the house and she's about 1/2 - 1/4" below the bottom slots, so she should fit fine in the TF (and then I can get a good recline without eating dashboard by removing the headrest) I have a hell of a time carrying Kiara in the SS1 w/o the hernia surgery so I wouldn't mind the TF but she DOES sleep well in the SS1 when we're out, so I may miss that convienence. We'll have to see ;)

And thanks for the well wishes!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC