Help with pic in newspaper-what did they do?

mum2two

I saw this picture in our newspaper and it looks like the seat is buckled with the top tether strap somehow attached to the harness at the crotch buckle- any ideas if this is a correct install or a creative way of using the top tether strap (possibly the parent did not know what it was used for?)

It is in the life section of our local paper www.pantagraph.com, but the picture does not come up online.

Last edited:
ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Don't worry - I believe that's correct. :thumbsup:

It looks like one of the Evenflo combo seats that have the adjuster on the strap - they don't have a front-pull adjuster.

Here's a photo of the Chase from the Evenflo site, you can see the same adjuster on the strap: http://evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=6&pfid=1703

HTH! :)

mum2two

Thanks, I have never seen that and it would seem that that is an awkward type of harness (and not too comfy either?)

mommaon112903

My Grandparents bought this for their Great-Granddaughter and it works really nice for them, they have A most of the time :mad: A is just over six years old, taller than Josef but ALL leg, and weighs barely 30lbs. She :love: her carseat!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Thanks, I have never seen that and it would seem that that is an awkward type of harness (and not too comfy either?)

It's a very inexpensive and narrow seat with good high harness straps. It has its drawbacks -- I hate the harness adjuster too! -- but it's nice for tall kids on tight budgets.

Jonah Baby

We have one of those types of harnesses (Evenflo?) I thought it would be so much better than the front adjusting straps that tend to get stuck, but turns out that one is MUCH worse. Kiddo's never get adjusted the way I'd like them to in it, it pulls poor Jo sideways often, and it really is a pain to adjust.

I don't suggest buying one, but that picture was a proper buckle-up.

TerisBoys

The Futura had that adjuster as well - the OHS version had one, and the 5-point harness had one on each strap.

It's really not that hard to use, and the Evenflo was often recommended for 'escape artists' who pushed their chest clips down - the adjust was right under the clip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC