Sunshine Radian Kids?

tikva18

Hi, Ineed a new carseat for ds who is 5 yrs, weighs 35lbs, is 41 1/2in tall. He is in the middle seat of 3 kids - backrow of a 2000 Toyota sienna - there is no shoulder belt and no latch or tether.

His brother is going to be getting a new carseat as well, what, I have not decided - he's 44lbs and 48in tall and is 8 yrs old. Their carseats have to be side by side - as their oldest brother has to be in a shoulder belt (no car seat).

Is the Radian a decent car seat? I really had my heart set on the Regent, but I think that there is no way that I could fit it in my car in this location. My middle row is occupied by two (soon to be arriving) rear-facing Marathons - so the middle row is not anoption.

TIA!

ADS

RubysGirl

some times you can't get a good install with certain seat and vehicle combinations. that's what I mean. You do have a fall back though, if it doesn't work in the middle for your son, you could swap it with one of the marathons and use it rearfacing for one of the twins. It tethers rearfacing just like the britax seats.

tikva18

Do you know if there would be an issue with compatability with the Toyota Sienna? how would I find this out? I just measured torso height - and my 5 yr old's torso is 22 1/2in. My 8 yr old is approx. 25 in. in torso height.

Whoops!! I measured their heads too! okay, my 5 yr old torso height is more like 14 and his brother 17 in.

LuvBug

if those are close to their real sitting height then they would both fit in a radian, the 8yo with only a little room, and the 5yo with a lot of room.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
You can call Sunhsine Kids to ask customer service for the location of the nearest retailer & hope it's close enough for you to try out -- or make sure that the online retailer has a good return/exchange policy ... I'd shoot for the Radian & a Parkway :)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I agree the parkway is fairly easy to buckle next to radian even in very small spots, it took my ds about 1-2 weeks to get it down so he didn't need help anymore... I have my radian in the middle of a rfing scenera and a parkway. i haven't had any istuallation trouble with it but know a few people have had. i find a lapbelt really easy to install the radian in... but it also depends how long the stalk is on the female part of the buckle (the part that is really short but the push button :) ) HTH.

tikva18

I'm in such a quandry. What if these carseats are NOT good for my car? I've read poor reviews about installation -and I have the feeling that good installs are not our strong point.

What else would you recommend? Again, I do not have LAtCH or tethers. I drive a Toyota Sienna 2000.

tikva18

I agree the parkway is fairly easy to buckle next to radian even in very small spots, it took my ds about 1-2 weeks to get it down so he didn't need help anymore... I have my radian in the middle of a rfing scenera and a parkway. i haven't had any istuallation trouble with it but know a few people have had. i find a lapbelt really easy to install the radian in... but it also depends how long the stalk is on the female part of the buckle (the part that is really short but the push button :) ) HTH.

Thank you for being so reassuring. I wasn't able to post my last post until just a minute ago - it was before you posted.

LuvBug

if you have a target nearby you can order the radian from target.com and if it doesnt work you can return it to a target store. It has free shipping so you would get a full refund.

mamato2

Has anyone 'out there' ever returned a Radian to a Target? If it REALLY is that easy I might order one to try in my Sienna. It would be middle row with a shoulder belt though.
C.

LuvBug

online you can find under "additional info" on certain items that it will say "may be returned to a target store" or something like that. So you shouldnt have any problem at all. Its not on all items but some and this happens to be one.
Id do it and if they give you grief Id print out the page that says it and the return policy from online.

LuvBug

you could always buy it from target try it and return it to get a better price elsewhere lol! Also there are some 10% off codes floating around as well as if you sign up for ebates.com you will get 4% back of your purchase and $5 just for signing up(so say it was $180 you would get $5 for signing up and about $7 for the purchase so it would be like you got it for $168). Or if you signed up for mypoints.com you would get 10points per dollar to use towards a giftcard(say it was $180 then you would get 1800 which is enough for a $10 GC back to target-or elsewhere- and so it would be like getting it for $170).
You just have to be sure to use the same email address that you signed up with and their clickthru link so they can keep track.
Its a great deal though, they have LOTS of sites between the 2. I have been a member for about a year and have never had trouble with either. Also with mypoints they will send you email daily that is worth 5points a piece. I have never bought anything but in the almost year I have made enough points through emails to redeem 3 $10 GCs. Thats $30 for checking my mail, which I already do.

ANYWAY, Im all about pinching pennies, but you can also find deals in unexpected places.

adamsmommy

I just oredered a Radian from target.com, hoping it fits well in my VW Touareg. But, just make sure you don't need it right away. The site says 2-6 weeks for delivery and also says expect delivery between Dec 20-Jan 8. I ordered it a week ago!! I ordred a Marathon last year off of Babies R Us website and had it in hand within 2 weeks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC