Oobr pre-order

SoccerMom

There is at least one store that is doing Oobr pre orders.
http://www.gingerbreadmonkeys.com/Scripts/prodView_new.asp?idproduct=1653
(There may be other stores, but I got the info in an email and didn't feel like looking for other stores online.)

$319 for colours and $349 for Julius or Skurvy. Use code oobr40, if you order before Friday June 19, for $40 off.

That price :eek: Hopefully in a few years when I need a booster the price will come down, or there will be something else super cool.

ADS

horseymom

wow, that is very $$. can someone explain why evryone wants one of these? is it just the color? or does it have a great fit too?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
wow, that is very $$. can someone explain why evryone wants one of these? is it just the color? or does it have a great fit too?

There are a few things... it's latch-able, which is a big thing I think, but also the shell is made of a very high tech material that makes it immensely strong, but very lightweight. The fabric is also special in that it repels liquid through a special technology so spills can be wiped off without the cover getting dirty.

Clek is very involved in vehicle interiors, so they also have a considerable amount of engineering experience in terms of occupant comfort, so it's also expected that the seat will be very comfortable for kids - and rumor has it it's not too wide.

From my perspective, it's primarily the innovative shell and the fact that it's latch'able that are the big selling point. Though the price is obviously going to be influenced by the unique fabric as well... Michael from Clek is registered here under the user name Clek. If you search through his posts, you should be able to find more info on the material the shell is made from. It's been awhile since I read it so I don't remember all the specifics, I just remember that it was amazing. Sounds like it's strong enough that if the child was within the shell of the seat, the material would protect the child from an object that had entered the passenger compartment during a side impact collision.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC