Question New Parkway or Monterery? ...Help Me Decide Please

MOM25BOYS

I am wanting to purchase 2 New HBB's before our trip in August for DS2 & DS3. We need to be able to either fold the split down on the 3rd row or put the 3 oldest on the 3rd row and fold down the middle second row seat for our trip. Right now I can't do that with my current setup.

I want something with great SIP since there is no side curtain air bags on the 3rd row.

The 2 seats I am currently looking at is the New Parkway Slide and the SKJP Monterey. My question is out of these 2 should I go ahead and Pre-Order 2 of the New Parkways from Amazon? OR should I go ahead and spring for 2 Montereys (which I can get for the same price right now) for the boys that are available now??

My 2 biggest fears is that the Parkways won't arrive by the expected July 20th date and that they will be tippy like the Old Parkway was. :( But I really like the Anti-Submarine slide on them and the nice SIP. Plus, I know how the boys fit in a Parkway.:thumbsup:

With the Monetery I like the fact that it is narrow enough to do 3 across and it has great SIP also ;) .... but I have no experiance with this seat and no way to see one before buying.:(

For those of you who have owned the Old PW and a Monterey was there a big difference in how the lap belt fit? I just need help deciding what to get them and would really like a nice seat to start booster traing DS3.:)

The boys stats are....
DS2...45.5 inches tall....44lbs...his 6th Bday is 3 weeks after we get back
DS3...44.5 inches tall....43lbs...he will be 5yrs when we travel

ADS

mommaon112903

We :love: our Monterey and will not be ordering a new Parkway, unless I see some IRL pics and it looks more "substantial" than the pics that are on amazon.com I just feel, and hubby agrees, that the Monterey is deeper all around than the new Parkway and neither one of us were too thrilled over it.

I am not certain you can do a three-across with a Monterey, it is not a skinny seat.

I have never been lucky enough to lay my hands on an old Parkway, and will not get to unless I find a GREAT deal on one :(

MOM25BOYS

We :love: our Monterey and will not be ordering a new Parkway, unless I see some IRL pics and it looks more "substantial" than the pics that are on amazon.com I just feel, and hubby agrees, that the Monterey is deeper all around than the new Parkway and neither one of us were too thrilled over it.

I am not certain you can do a three-across with a Monterey, it is not a skinny seat.
I have never been lucky enough to lay my hands on an old Parkway, and will not get to unless I find a GREAT deal on one :(

Really???:eek: I thought that was one of the selling points of the Monterey... That it was like the RN's in that they work great in a 3 across scenerio. I guess not since I just checked the SKJP site and it doesn't have that for the Monterery. :(

I guess it is back to the drawing board for me unless the Vivo would be a great contender or I will just be looking at getting 2 Graco Turbo Boosters like the Lizard one I had with all the padding.

MOM25BOYS

The Monterey's are big - like big! Is there a reason their Frontiers won't work?

The Frontiers won't fit side by side on the 3rd row so I can fold down the 40 part of the 60/40 split seat and if I put them both outboard there is no room to fit DS1 in the middle.:(

MOM25BOYS

hmmm...do you still have a radian?

Nope sold the RN a while back before I got the Frontiers.:eek:

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get 2 MR65's back on the 3rd row RF and still have enough room for one HBB.:question: They don't seem to wide and the base is definitely smaller than the Frontier. That way I can put down the middle seat on the second row and put one HBB outboard and DS1 outboard on the other side.

ginny4

i have done a 3 across with a monterey but it was TIGHT. i wouldn't call it doable in many cases.

when we originally tested the monterey & parkway together we found the monterey was our best bet. the parkway was too narrow all around for my son & placed the lap belt i thought rather high. probably because as he said i feel like i'm falling off the seat. LOL
the monterey was depth & wodth was a winner

MOM25BOYS

Did it work?:)

:whistle:

:love::love::love::love:

021-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

Tight and I mean tight fit, but doable if I need to....

028-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

I am going to try installing my other Frontier back there tomorrow and see if this is one seat that would fit between them. It sits up high enough that it goes right over the armrests nicely.:thumbsup:

MOM25BOYS

Hey, not related to this but how do you like your black/tan (canyon) Frontier? Does it show dirt?

LOL, I don't think is shows dirt anymore than the Red Rock does.:twocents: DS3 is older and it still looks like new, but it is starting to show some of the fuzzies in the mesh and the Red Rock doesn't.:thumbsdown: It could be though that the Canyon is used more than the other.;)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

LOL, I don't think is shows dirt anymore than the Red Rock does.:twocents: DS3 is older and it still looks like new, but it is starting to show some of the fuzzies in the mesh and the Red Rock doesn't.:thumbsdown: It could be though that the Canyon is used more than the other.;)

Thanks! We just got a Sahara cover and I put it on the seat last night. Man that is a pain in the butt. At first I thought it was the ugliest cover ever. (Our main cover is the pink one). Anyway the seat was sitting on my couch all evening and the more I looked at it I thought it wasn't too bad. I finally got a chance to install it in our van this afternoon and I'm back to thinking it is totally ugly! It was free and it isn't mesh so I guess I can't complain.

Why oh why don't they have some nice plush covers in a variety of colors like the Marathon and Boulevard seats???

MOM25BOYS

Thanks! We just got a Sahara cover and I put it on the seat last night. Man that is a pain in the butt. At first I thought it was the ugliest cover ever. (Our main cover is the pink one). Anyway the seat was sitting on my couch all evening and the more I looked at it I thought it wasn't too bad. I finally got a chance to install it in our van this afternoon and I'm back to thinking it is totally ugly! It was free and it isn't mesh so I guess I can't complain.

Why oh why don't they have some nice plush covers in a variety of colors like the Marathon and Boulevard seats???

LOL, I would take a Sahara in a heartbeat over my Canyon...:whistle: DS3 missed his Sahara Regent and at the time this was as close as I could get to it.:p

bigteamug

What about a Vivo instead of the parkway? I don't think it is quite as skinny as the parkway, but I'm pretty sure it'll be smaller than the Monterey...anybody know for sure?

There is a sale on them at diapers.com....you could get two for the price of one parkway or Monterey.....

ETA: forgot to mention that the vivo is pretty good on SIP - probably better than a turbobooster.

Last edited:

MOM25BOYS

What about a Vivo instead of the parkway? I don't think it is quite as skinny as the parkway, but I'm pretty sure it'll be smaller than the Monterey...anybody know for sure?

There is a sale on them at diapers.com....you could get two for the price of one parkway or Monterey.....

ETA: forgot to mention that the vivo is pretty good on SIP - probably better than a turbobooster.

Thanks!:) And yeah I am considering ordering a Vivo to try with one of the boys. If I like it I may just order a second one.;)

MoreLatte

I ordered a vivo for Grace and so far, I really like it! I haven't measured, but I think its about as wide as the PW that I have. Its narrow, definitely more than the Compass, which I also have. I couldn't pass it up for the price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC