Maclaren Volo vs. Quinny Zapp

BabyBoo

Hi everyone, I'm new on this board. I want to take advantage of the Zapp deal right now, but am wondering if the Volo would be a better choice? It will be used for an older child that is about 42".

I want the less tippy stroller and I guess best overall stroller? It's just that the Zapp is way cooler looking and I've been wanting this forever (the price is awesome). On the other hand, I don't want to sacrifice the "better" stroller for coolness. The Maclarens seem to have a great reputation.

Thank you for any advice.

ADS

SillyLily

I have the Quinny Zapp (4-wheel) and the Silver Cross Micro V2 (which is pretty much exactly the Volo, just rebranded and with more padding in the seat). I love both strollers, but would take the Quinny any day over the Silver Cross just because I think it is more versatile and easier to steer.

The Quinny will last longer for a taller/heavier child, as it has a very tall seat back and excellent steering. Both are very nice quality strollers. The Maclaren is easier/faster to fold and is lighter. I, personally, think the Quinny steers and handles better. Both strollers will be tippy if you hang something off of the handlebars, but the Quinny will be more so. This will be less of an issue for either stroller since you will be using it for an older/heavier child. I think the Maclaren has a slightly larger basket underneath. I use the Ju Ju Be clips on my Quinny when I carry a large diaper bag or purse. I attach them on the black plastic part that is where the buttons are to fold the stroller, and it keeps the stroller very balanced even with a larger bag.

rochelle

I would go for the Zapp since your child is already 42"

if your child is long torso, the seatback of the Volo would be too short
If your child has long legs, his shoes will likely be touching the floor, or very bend on the footrest.

both strollers are tippy when un-occupied.

both brands have good reputation and good re-sale value.

BabyBoo

Thank you both. I guess for a taller, leggy child the Zapp would be the better choice. I've only seen one red Zapp here. It's really hard to decide since they are so close in price at the moment. I'm really leaning towards the Zapp though. It just seems a little funkier than the usual umbrellas strollers out there.

Heather86

I have the zapp and have used the volo quite a bit I prefer the zapp. It handles better and is easier to push. The Volo is nice as well but we love the zapp and use it a lot the volo stays in mamaws car lol

BabyBoo

Thank you everyone. I think I'm going to order the Zapp in lime! I'm so excited. I'm buying this as an early birthday present to myself:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC