1998 Honda Accord and 2 Britax Marathons?

E

ErikaRuth

I have a 27lb (37inch) 3 year old who was rear facing until her sister came, and a 10 month old 16lbs infant RF.

I have a few questions, as I can't find a place in Los Angeles to get my car seats checked before we drive to Sacramento for Thanksgiving.

Okay, good stuff. I get them in tight. We don't have LATCH in our car. I keep the straps clean and not twisted, and fastened tight enough (2 fingers under) (I another toddler in my car complaining that the straps were too tight, so I guess I keep them tighter than most parents). I keep the black clip right under their armpits.

I had my 3 year old behind the driver seat FF, and my infant in the middle RF, as she doesn't fit well RF behind either of the seats. (but can behind the passenger seat, but my husband complains of no leg room)

My concerns:
1. My lock off won't work when I get the belt in tight, but it still is in tight without much wiggle. Do I need to use the lock offs?
2. I would really like to have both girls rear facing, but I don't think it would fit. Has anyone done it?
3. I have the Infant in the center RF, with the tether ancored to the poll that the front passanger seat slides on. Is this where I should attach it? I don't have ANY anchor points in my car. AND When I do this, and because of the other MA in the other seat (and the location of my attachement), the seat tips a few degrees to the side. Is this okay?

Thanks!
Erika

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
One thing you can do to help with the tipping is to pull the seat back by the top of the shell, directly straight. Since the tether is at an agle, one side will be longer then the other. So pull on the side with the adjuster on it taking out the slack from the other side. Then pull the adjuster strap. It should help keep it straighter. My tether location is off center from where the RA sits, and this is how I keep it from pulling to that direction.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
P.S. As long as your seat belts lock, you do not need to use the built in lock offs. Sometimes reinstalling the seat at a slightly more upright angle will reposition the belt to allow the lock off to close...then you can use the tether to adjust the angle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC