Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Canadian safety ratings

Can anyone direct me to actual crash test ratings for Canadian car seats. There is so much information on this site but most of it doesn't apply because we have low weight limits on our seats. I have purchased the Evenflo triumph for my 9 month old as we have the Evenflo generations for my 2.5 year old and I want to check it out before I open the box.

I have read opinions regarding ease of use but I want to know about safety. We tried the Radian and she swims in it so I called the company and the Radian 80 with more padding will not be available here in the near future. She looks cozy in the Triumph in the store and I want to make sure gets good safety ratings.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a Britax in Ontario, Canada? I would like to at least try her in one but I don't think that we could afford one. We had a gift certificate for Toys r us so we only paid $65.00 for the Triumph. We will purchase a large seat later when we need to.

Thanks,

Sheri

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

The toys r us in Winnipeg carries the Britax roundabout and the marathon. I started off with a graco convertable and ds outgrew it (his shoulders were over the top harness slot) and I ended up getting rid of it and buying the marathon. I would suggest if you can get a seat with a higher top harness slot that rear faces, then go for it now, especially if you will later; save money in the long run! My son is two and he is now in his third convertable and it is the nicest seat that I have ever had! I wish I would have started off with this one

You could look for a baby boutique in your area, they might carry them.

As far as safety, this seat does meet the Canadian requirements, if I liked the seat, it installed well and was easy to use then I would use it!

Where in Ont?

If you're near TO then the TRU near Sherway Gardens has the Marathon. I bought mine in Kiddies World of Furniture in Mississauga for $350 but now I see that Safety Superstore in North York has them for $299!

The seats are great even with the reduced CDN limits of 30lbs RF and 48Lbs FF. That will give you 8 more lbs FF than the triumph and the Britax is way taller and will give you way more time height wise.. My DD is still able to RF in it at 3.8yrs! Though I made the desision to RF to the US limits of 33lbs.
    BethAnn
    CDN CPST

Quote Originally Posted by bbartlettnfld View Post
    If you're near TO then the TRU near Sherway Gardens has the Marathon. I bought mine in Kiddies World of Furniture in Mississauga for $350 but now I see that Safety Superstore in North York has them for $299!
    I heard that the prices of the britax seats have gone down in Canada so they are a little more affordable, and the same price across the map!