Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member mommaon112903's Avatar

Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster

http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/car-se...ada-fuego.aspx

On another board I belong to, a mom mentioned Chicco's new booster and how nice it was. It reminds me of the Monterey in some ways, and we our Monterey. I do not think it is LATCHable, which is something I would like, but it is not a deal breaker.

Has anyone seen this seat or know of a B&M store that will carry it? Josef will be needing a booster for my car by the end of the year. I was hoping Britax would let us know what-if anything, they will be releasing.

Thanks!!!
    Crystal, SAHM to J age 8yrs11months/49.25"/55lbs/Blue Opal Recaro ProBoosterand Orange OSPKWY

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster

I saw this seat at a conference and it was pretty nice. It has been saying coming soon for a really long time. I think it said coming March 2009 for a while and then they just changed it to coming soon. It isn't LATCHable.

Quote Originally Posted by mommaon112903 View Post
    It reminds me of the Monterey in some ways, and we our Monterey.
    The Monterey kicks the Chicco's butt in specs though. It fits kids 6" taller and 20 pounds heavier.

Senior Community Member

First I've heard or seen of the seat, but I do like it. Wonder what the price will be? FWIW, Britax has created a prototype apparently and is showing it at shows for their new booster. At least according to a lady at a store I was recently in. They store carried mostly Britax, but did have a clek and some chicco. She said she saw the new booster two weeks prior, but didn't get a release date. She also said was not impressed, but didn't give me the details about why?

The height would be a deal breaker for us-Josef is not a TALL child, but he is ALL torso and not slowing down. I would not expect Josef to reach 120lbs until he is a teen the way he is slow to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    The Monterey kicks the Chicco's butt in specs though. It fits kids 6" taller and 20 pounds heavier.
    Crystal, SAHM to J age 8yrs11months/49.25"/55lbs/Blue Opal Recaro ProBoosterand Orange OSPKWY

I went searching for that as well this morning, and on Chitchatbaby.com they have it available for pre-order, $130. I paid $110 for our Monterey in March with a coupon code when they were still $120 now I see them going for $140.

Quote Originally Posted by menfusse View Post
    First I've heard or seen of the seat, but I do like it. Wonder what the price will be?

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

I like that it says 33lbs for a minimum weight. Still too low, but better than 30lbs. It's a step in the right direction.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012