Pics of Ilana in some seats at BRU

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I didn't have much time b/c AJ was getting restless and starting to run! Maybe I'll go back next week when he's in preschool, but honestly they didn't have much in the way of infant seats. Here she is in a Peg, a Snugride2, and a Boulevard. I really liked the Peg, the bottom strap slots are CRAZY low, I think she needed the next ones up b/c the bottom ones were so low. I've owned a Snugride so no big deal, lol. I mostly did it to have comparison pics of her in that vs the Safeseat. The Boulevard was horrible. It would've been better w/ no HUGS, but I wasn't going to go through all that. I don't see how a baby that small could work well in taht seat though, the straps were too far above her shoulders and she just looked awful.

carseats084.jpg

carseats085.jpg

carseats086.jpg

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Awww, thanks for taking and sharing photos of your sweet little carseat demonstrator, she's such a little doll. It's fun to see how she fits in those seats. :D

Tara

You know you're a carseat freak when...........

You take your less than 1 week old baby out to test infant seats, even though you already own one and have had it installed in the vehicle for some time before said baby was even born. hehehe

That Peg does seem to fit nicely..what'd ya think of it otherwise? Ease of use, etc. Not that I'm looking to buy, just curious .. and in case anyone stopping by *was* looking to buy.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
You know you're a carseat freak when...........

You take your less than 1 week old baby out to test infant seats, even though you already own one and have had it installed in the vehicle for some time before said baby was even born. hehehe

Or maybe as my boss once accused me (after "getting" her yet again with a joke :rolleyes: ), "You have too much free time!" he he

However: Love the photos [thanks for sharing]! She's beautiful. :)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I agree, I am totally getting the "itch" seeing those pictures:D

i'm added to the list as well of the baby fever!!! Oh me oh my if only the first of they year would get here already! LOL me and dh agreed not to start TTC till then ( when i get my IUD removed)...

So what would you go with now having a baby to put in one... I'm considering skiping the infant seats and getting a convertible since i will get slinging the baby all the time as i did before. Have you put the baby in the radian that was suggested to me. Myonly worry with the radian being long seat it might not be so great rfing for that long...

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I definitely wouldn't start w/ the Britax seats unless your babies are a lot bigger than mine! :) I haven't tried the Scenera or the Radian yet. The Scenera needs to be put back together and I haven't done it yet and it's too freakin' cold to pull the Radian out of the van right now to play w/. I also wanted to try her in the RA and the AO too. This way when people say they want to start w/ a convertible I have pics of what it would look like. The Scenera has really low slots though, I'm not sure about the AO.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
my babies have all been 9lbs + at birth... 21 inches long not sure about torso hight b/c i never measured then... My only worry about the scenera is that is have like no padding and no head support, and i think an infant needs on or the other. Maybe i'll have to just break down and buy a safeseat... then more everyone around when it's out grow... hum how big is it ??? Does it take up more room rfing then a radian rfing???

skaterbabs

If it helps you make up your mind, here are pictures of Joyjoy at three months old in her Roundabout and two different infant seats. Clearly the RA is just way to big for her, and I believe she was about 9 lbs at that point (although I'd have to look that up to be sure.) She was close to 5 mos old, and probably 11-13 lbs, before she fit in the RA.

RA1.jpg

infant.jpg

becca011906

Senior Community Member
thanks for the pics!!! i guess we will be getting an infant seat... i really LOVE the looks of the preprego but i can't see making that much $$ for a seat that only goes to 22lbs and when this is mostlikley my last (maybe LOL) when i can get the safe seat 1 for less and it will hold the baby for 8 more #s. maybe by then safeseat will have some kinds girly covers (if it's a girl LOL)

skaterbabs

YW! Personally, I *really* like the Safe Seat - my daughter would have fit in it until almost her 2nd birthday (although she was not a fan of the infant seat.)
We used her Roundabout in my car (once she fit in it) and the infant seat when we rode in other people's cars until she outgrew it around 9 mos.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
i'm added to the list as well of the baby fever!!! Oh me oh my if only the first of they year would get here already! LOL me and dh agreed not to start TTC till then ( when i get my IUD removed)...

So what would you go with now having a baby to put in one... I'm considering skiping the infant seats and getting a convertible since i will get slinging the baby all the time as i did before. Have you put the baby in the radian that was suggested to me. Myonly worry with the radian being long seat it might not be so great rfing for that long...

I would use a infant seat I personally don't think that many of the convertables are good for small babies. I would use a sling as well because I can not carry the seat (56hr induced labor ending in c-section, baby wouldn't fit so there is no way i'll try that again!) and will have a 3 year old to chase after. I would love to have the safeseat but I still have my snugride from ds. I had huge problems with it, so I would be scared to start all over now that I have a seat that works properly! On the other hand, I do like how the safeseat will last longer!

Our miracle baby came to us in 2004, and we are praying and hoping to have another one (we don't come by them very easily:(, we're hoping it will happen soon!)but if not we are very happy with the one we were blessed to have:D

Do people generally buy new infant/car seats for each baby or do they save them and re use them?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I hope your new angel comes soon! I had a rough time w/ AJ's induction and it ended in a c/s and then I had 2 VBACs so if you ever want to talk, pm me! :) We got a new seat when AJ was 4 mos old b/c we were in a crash and reused it for Evan 14 mos later. He used it for 10mos before I sold it to a friend. I knew I wanted a new one whenever we had another baby.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Do people generally buy new infant/car seats for each baby or do they save them and re use them?

I used the same infant seat for all three of my kids... it was manufactured in november 99 it was a centery something i think red and blue w/ white bears... awful 3 pt harness ( i didn't know any better) i got it as a baby shower gift for ds when i was pregnant (i was 16 so it was great...) he changed seats at 4.5 months when he hit 20lbs, and then abby used it in 02 from june til febuary 03 when she finally made it to 20lbs and out grew it. then allie used it birth till july 05 when she was moved and the seat destroyed when i learned about the advantages of 5pt vs 3 pt.ect...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC