My Ride testers-is it like the SS2 forward facing??

fyrfightermomma

We are planning 4 long drives this summer, the first the beginning of June.

My DD1 still fits with plenty of room RFing but doesn't like it anymore so she is FFing now. However, we have yet to find a good forward facing "vacation" seat. The YS is pretty narrow and has good SIP for sleep, but no place for drinks and snacks. The GN is a perfect set up since she can cross her legs and put drinks and snacks in the cupholders. But the headslump is horrible. So that's out (we did that last year). The Radian also lacks the place to put "stuff".

I admit to caring more about cupholders and snackholders on long trips than the carseat itself :whistle: Long drives are painful with this child and anything I can do to make this easier I will do, even if the all around seat isn't that great.

So the MR looks like it has great recline for her low tone, plus no headslump and great SIP and of course, the beloved cup holders we need

So even if it's a crappy seat that's hard to adjust and I wouldn't want everyday (not saying the MR is that) if it works for our trips, I'm buying it

So I've seen no pics in cars of FFing. How's the recline and head support?? How about leg support?

Did anyone actually purchase this seat or just try it out? I just need a pic of a kiddo in it forward facing so I can see the recline, head support and leg support. Can a kiddo reach the cupholder? I hated the Frontier because my kid couldn't reach them!

ADS

NannyMom

I did buy it. And I took pics of J in it FF with leg support in mind. But since Sofi is probobly closer to DD1's size, I can take pics of her in it FF if you want.

Let me see if I can find my faceless J pics.....

Edit- it can be very reclined FF.

NannyMom

Here is a side his is with me trying to make it install more upright. If I'd just sat it on the seat the way it wanted to naturally, it would have been very reclined.

MRFF.jpg

Here is a close up of the leg support. J is 6 years old.

MRFFLegSupport.jpg

I'm doing some pics of Sofi in a bit (she'll be home soon) for someone else. So I'll get some of her FF in the MR.

It seems like it would be very reclined. It is wide in the shoulders. Logan was swimming in it forward facing. LOL!

To me it is more reclined than the SS2. I took a pic of him in it forward facing on the test bench at bru. I will upload pics tonight, need to go clean.

firemomof3

It seems like it would be very reclined. It is wide in the shoulders. Logan was swimming in it forward facing. LOL!

To me it is more reclined than the SS2. I took a pic of him in it forward facing on the test bench at bru. I will upload pics tonight, need to go clean.

Oh, can't wait to see more pictures :love:

fyrfightermomma

Here is a side his is with me trying to make it install more upright. If I'd just sat it on the seat the way it wanted to naturally, it would have been very reclined.

Here is a close up of the leg support. J is 6 years old.

I'm doing some pics of Sofi in a bit (she'll be home soon) for someone else. So I'll get some of her FF in the MR.

Thanks so much! J is so big it's hard to imagine a smaller child :) So it will be good to see pics of Sofi in it

I couldn't help cringing at your pics though and how much like the CS it looks from the side! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

NannyMom

*Disclaimer- We don't eat lolipops in the car. THis was a bribe to play carseats. Nor does Sofi Ride forward facing. SHe's much safer in her regular seat rear facing*

SofiMR2.jpg

SofiMR3.jpg

SofiMR4.jpg

SofiMR5.jpg

SofiMR6.jpg

It was installed w/o me trying to force it more upright. Just kind of wherever it fell. It was installed tight. Most of the carseat back was on the vehicle seatback. But there was a gap at the seatbight, similar to what we see sometimes with the RN. According to the little level ball, it was at a good angle for RF (even though it was FF).

Sofi would have been on the 2nd from top slots FF, but she was almost at them.

Edit- please don't quote with the pics :)

capeKO71

Wow... that really makes me think they played big time off the SS2... it fits just like it. The SS2 is very reclined naturally (on top of it allowing for recline).

You might be better off just getting the SS2 if you can find it cheap (cozy cline or whatever they call it) - it only goes to 40lbs, but it has tall top slots that will most likely get kids to 40lbs...

capeKO71

no - its the same seat (cozy cline & ss2) - SS2 slots are pretty tall though - I don't have exact measurements - but my son is on the second to last slots and has the same room in the SS2 as he does in the marathon by height. I think some of the SS2's with the fancy covers have a bit of extra padding that shrinks up the height a bit... but they are pretty tall.

firemomof3

See I thought it had pretty low slots :eek: I sure wasn't impressed when we tried it out.

I had the same experience. I went to bru about 2mo. ago with my tape measure :rolleyes: and only got about 15.5" for a top harness slot on the Cozy Cline...I was very shocked.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I had the same experience. I went to bru about 2mo. ago with my tape measure :rolleyes: and only got about 15.5" for a top harness slot on the Cozy Cline...I was very shocked.

Yeah I just looked back through our BRU pics and at 26 months DD had half an inch of torso growth room in it. I remember there being threads about this, and I think the general consensus was that some models (like the G-Galore we tried out) have the GracoPedic foam which means less harness height than other models.

NannyMom

When I installed the seat upright last week, J fit it almost as well as the MA. In the MA (a month ago?) he was *just* over the top slots. In the MR he is about 1/2inch over the top slots (with it installed more upright). And he has about an inch to grow in the GN.

Sofi was on the 2nd to top slots in the MR. She would have also been on the 2nd to top slots FF in the MA.

fyrfightermomma

Wow... that really makes me think they played big time off the SS2... it fits just like it. The SS2 is very reclined naturally (on top of it allowing for recline).

You might be better off just getting the SS2 if you can find it cheap (cozy cline or whatever they call it) - it only goes to 40lbs, but it has tall top slots that will most likely get kids to 40lbs...

Ahhh but the key is the cupholders. It's all about the cupholders with my sensory child :rolleyes:

fyrfightermomma

Thanks for the pics. They really help. That base looks so huge though like it's a very high seat but I know people have said it's really not. It sure looks it though! I think I'll just go buy one if our BRU gets them. i have a 15% of coupon so it won't break the bank and if I hate it I can sell it on CL after we are done vacationing :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC