Multi tech install pics and questions

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was contacted yesterday to install a multi tech. No, this is not a car seat to be used in the U.S., there is my disclaimer. I bought Bekah along as a tester, yeah, um a tester. Stats: 40 lbs, 41 1/4" tall, 14 1/2" torso height.

The family did not open the box and let me do it! Dad took pics.

So, here is the box.

IMG_8536.jpg

Me opening the box.

IMG_8538.jpg

IMG_8540.jpg

Bekah helping me unwrap.

IMG_8542.jpg

At the highest in booster mode. Not back, but not a Frontier either.

IMG_8548.jpg

The one thing that is difficult is adjusting the harness. The foot prop kinda gets in the way.

IMG_8547.jpg

One question. On the foot prop. It is all the way extended, and it didn't feel very tight. We tightened the tethers now, and that worked. is that ok? And is the foot prop angle good?

IMG_8556.jpg

The lock offs are interesting. They look like Britax lock offs from the U.S., but you can change the angle.

One more pic of Bekah.

IMG_8550.jpg

It has a recline foot, like the Frontier. With that forward, it pushes the seat away from the vehicle seat about 2 fingers, for added leg room!

Last edited:
ADS

lenats31

Regarding the footprop:

There is a ruler in the back of the installation manual. Place it in a vertical line under the footprop. If the prop follows the ruler, then the angle is okay.

If the footprop doesn´t go green without tightening the tether straps. Then you should unlock it and move it a bit up or down - perhaps both directions. You don´t want the MT off the rear seat if it need to go a tiny bit upwards. The footprop is secure when you hear a clicking sound and the indicator goes green. You simply grap the footprop with both your hands and "play" a little bit with it so to speak. A tiny line of red does not matter. but you don´t want the indicator to be half green half red. or all red for that matter.

I can see you have installed the straps in the front seat bights. You can use the front seat runners.

april2009d004.jpg

Regards
Lena

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Thanks Lena. I will half to check again. I forgot about the red/green thing! I did know I could go the with the runners, but really, this was so much easier. It is ok, right?

lenats31

Oh I see. the runners are different in this car. It is not safe to install the tethers in some piece of plastic. You want metal bars for that.

Lena

finn

My foot prop always starts out red, fully extended, when I tighten the tethers it turns green, it will still move at the join, where you adjust it, but its solid on the floor. The angle looks a little bit steep (??) to me, like it should be more towards the front seat in the car but it could just be the angle of the photo.

To adjust the harness you can pull the foot prop bracket out a little bit, I can adjust the harness with the seat installed.

How much taller is a Frontier????

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, that is how I adjusted the harness. The Frontier has the same adjustor, just no foot prop, of course.

Here is the frontier at it's tallest:

IMG_1214.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC