eddie bauer for a newborn?

tcottawa

So, my SIL is having #2 in a couple months. She has a fairly tall 2 year old who is 29lbs RF in her eddie bauer (which I'm sure she will outgrow FF before 4). They would like to turn her around, and honestly I think she'd outgrow (by height) a 35lb seat without getting much use for it. Plus her DH is 6' 3", so I'm not sure if there's even room for two RF seats in her car.

She (my SIL) has a bucket seat she doesn't like, and would prefer to use a convertible from the beginning (for reference, her DD1 was 10lbs at birth). I was thinking of recommending the Nautilus for her dd1, and passing the EB down for the newborn. How is the fit for a fairly large newborn?

Also, any techs have any install issues with the Nautilus in a late model Civic? I have seen any at any clinics so would appreciate any advice...

ADS

dd9736

well, maybe it's just my weirdness, but when DS1 was 6months old I tried him in the EB 3in1 and he was below the bottom slots, his head was already less than 1" from the top of his pegperego bucket. I had more than one person say I must have been mistaken though

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If she has babies big enough to fit a MA at birth, they'll fit the EB at birth. Depending on the age of the seat, it will have either 9.5" or 10" bottom slots. Too high for most newborns, but if baby has a tall torso it may work.. some kids don't fit the MA until 6 months, others do fit at birth.

She should have something there as back up at any rate.

tcottawa

Hmm, They live across the country, so I'm not sure (yet) how the fit compares to a MA (I've never looked at them side-by-side). They do have a bucket, but she doesn't like it for some reason.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hmm, They live across the country, so I'm not sure (yet) how the fit compares to a MA (I've never looked at them side-by-side). They do have a bucket, but she doesn't like it for some reason.

What I meant was that most babies don't fit the MA at birth and chances are pretty high that the baby won't fit the 3in1 either. 10" is the same bottom height as the MA, so I used it as an example since people tend to be more aware of how a MA doesn't usually fit a newborn well. In comparison, the snugride is 8" bottom slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC