Why big price difference on Graco Nautilis?

astromom

I'm planning to buy a Graco Nautilis and they are $149 on Amazon and at WalMart, but $179 at BabiesRUs and Target. Any idea why the big difference? Has anyone bought one recently from WalMart or Amazon? What is the manufacture date? I don't want to end up buying an old seat.
Thanks

ADS

NannyMom

I'm planning to buy a Graco Nautilis and they are $149 on Amazon and at WalMart, but $179 at BabiesRUs and Target. Any idea why the big difference? Has anyone bought one recently from WalMart or Amazon? What is the manufacture date? I don't want to end up buying an old seat.
Thanks

My friend bought one from Walmart.com a couple weeks ago. I think it was a late 2008 DOM. I think someone at church may have bought some this week. Hopfully they have it tomorrow and I'll check the DOM.

valleyfam

The Nautilus is really starting to frustrate me. When I bought mine the highest you ever saw was $149 and my friend even got hers for $127. It seems Graco has discovered we like this seat and just keeps pushing the price up.

Sorry I know that didn't really help it was more of a vent but my guess is you won't really see a big difference in DOM.

Good luck wherever you decide to order from.

Niea

The Nautilus is really starting to frustrate me. When I bought mine the highest you ever saw was $149 and my friend even got hers for $127. It seems Graco has discovered we like this seat and just keeps pushing the price up.

I'm totally with you.

When I bought my Nautilus last year, I paid $119 for it. That was a good deal I realize, but even then the going rate was like $135-140. I started looking at them recently because I was thinking about buying another, but now that they are so expensive I think I'll pass. It's like they realized they were priced too low or something so they jacked up the price.

Evolily

Supply and demand :eek: . Hopefully the money is going into safety research :whistle:

jenand22

I just bought the mariposa for my daughter. I bought it at Toys r us for 145.92 total. I had a 15% off coupon and applied for their credit card so I got an additional 10% off. So I saved 42 bucks. I honestly forgot to even look at the DOM!!! I was too excited about the seat and my dd just wanted to play with it.

I agree - it really STINKS that they cost so much now. :(

KaceyLynn

there is a big diff in the covers -- the walmart one is kind of a mesh

the target ones I know are more plush

but yeah way crazy how the price on them keeps going up

*jen*

Yeah, right now I think BRU has the best deal with the 15% off coupon, you get the nicer cover(Mariposa) and only pay $153, assuming they have it in stock and you don't have to pay shipping. I need to head over there and check it out. Our walmart has the cheaper covers at $150 and the cuter color ones at $170 I think. I'm heading over there on Wed. to check it out as well.

ravekiss

I bought one from Walmart.com about a month ago for $146 with $0.97 shipping. Its DOM was 06/28/2008 though. Walmart changes their prices online very often so if you wanted that particular cover, you should check them often.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC