Looking at baby planet and city mini for disney

jlr9882

We will be staying at Pop and taking the buses to and from the park. I am sure we will use the monorail at some point too. My son is only 25 lbs (hasn't gain any in a while) and doesn't nap well unless the seat is fully recline or pretty close to it. Right now we have an orange Chicco Cortina, but it is huge when folded so I know that will take up a lot of room on the buses. It goes to the Clemson games and anywhere that he will be in it for a long period of time. It does have a totally flat recline, and that is why we bought it. I also have a cheap umbrella stroller with no canopy, no recline, and no basket (a must for all of his food due to 20+ food allergies). I keep this in the car, just in case I ever need it. We are going the first week in August. We will be going to the parks at least 3 days out of the 7 (that's all our CM cousin can get us in right now) and will be doing some shopping and visiting the Fort on nonpark days. We are most likely going to do Chef Mickey for breakfast one morning.

I am looking into the orange Baby Jogger City Mini and the Baby Tiger Endangered Species Lightweight Stroller in Tiger. What do you suggest? I really don't want to spend that much on the City Mini when I can get the Tiger stroller for close to $100. I believe that the City has a better recline though and folds so quickly. Anyone have a picture of it fully reclined? Is there a place that says it for less than $229? I haven't seen anything on how the Baby Planet one folds (would love to see pictures) and how long it takes. I would love to see real pictures of this stroller too, because they tend to be so much better than the ones on the dealer's website. Has anyone taken any of these to Disney? I heard that some places will allow you to take a stroller in if it isn't a big one, but not sure what places they were and what is considered big. Anyone know?

ADS

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We just took a Mini to Disney for our 2.5 yr old, it was the best ( I might have already told you that) My neighbor wanted to sell hers...grey and green. I can see if she is still interested? It is barely used.

The umbrellas can be tippy I have found when you have a kiddo hopping in and out and the hood on the Mini is awesome. Another thing I loved when we were there in April was there were very few of them so it was always easy to spot...i would still tie a bright something on the handle to spot it. Also the BJ parent tray is crap IMO compared to the SK Buggy Buddy. I ended up clipping my BJ underneath the stroller and using my Buggy Buddy :)

I also used these caribineer sp? water bottle clips I found at walmart to hook a small cooler on the side. I will see if I every took a pic. 5 kids meant we needed to maximize storage :)

jlr9882

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to use a 20% code at BRU over the phone today for the City Mini. Thanks for your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC