lookie what i grabbed from the side of the road

wildeyes

HOW is it that people still do this?? GRR. i grabbed them before some poor unsuspecting urm.. person.. did, so i get to have carseat destroying fun!!!! YAY!! anyone want to come over and help me??

S7301796.jpg

the naked seat is a breverra, exp date 2006
i didnt check the dates on the other two.
but i got to see a car-go so that was kinda cool.

dh is gonna be MAD when he sees the dirt smears on the front seat of his car. oops.
oh yeah.. they are SOAKED. and the breverra had a spider on it.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, I've never seen a Cargo with that style adjuster. Nifty.

Not Nifty...Grand!

LOL, yeah, it was a Grand Cargo, could be adjusted from the front and the back--like a rear adjust snugride-- to account for any sized houdini-children (unlike the Chase with the terminal ends and the 'choke a little kid with the on-harness adjuster dealie).

So I had all those seats at around the same time, talk about a flashback!

wildeyes

so whats the other one?? the one with the clip belt holders? or whatever they are.. i am not up to date on my carseat speak anymore LOL.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, the other one is the Cherished Cargo, I'm pretty sure (that's really the one I had two of, and was mad the plaids didn't match...).

Shoulderbelt guides, I think you mean?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh no, I was absolutely obsessed with these seats, researched them for hours, it's definitely a Cherished, I HAD to have it, bought two. Actually, nearly had to throttle my dh when he came home with an Eddie Bauer HBB because 'the guy at kmart said it's the same'. lol! There's some other named one that was rear adjust, though...off to check the pictorial...

Ah hah, the Treasured had the rear adjust :)

christineka

The rear adjusting cargo was the Treasured. I had it because it was only $60. It was a pain in the patootie, especially when it was spring time and dd sometimes wore her big, puffy coat, and sometimes didn't. (Yes, I now know that coats need to be removed for car seats.)

Amaris

We had the one that was front adjust (either treasured or cherished) for M in 02 before we knew about erf.

wildeyes

well i will have dh peek at the labels before he takes them to work and put them in the compactor. gotta settle this once and for all LOL

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
picture.php

That's Bitsy in it, slightly before age two...a year before I bought her MA to RF her again...

(and yeah, that's a Century clip, and yeah, it was before Graco bought Century...so it was baaaad to use the wrong chest clip, but ugh, I couldn't stand that one-piece thing that came with it originally, it made the straps all twisty! So that's why it says Century on the chest clip, lol).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I. Hate. Breverras. They're evil. Well, for installing for use with harness, but, to be fair, it made a decent booster at the time. Still, I hatehatehate them :whistle:

Mama!

That's Bitsy in it, slightly before age two...a year before I bought her MA to RF her again...

(and yeah, that's a Century clip, and yeah, it was before Graco bought Century...so it was baaaad to use the wrong chest clip, but ugh, I couldn't stand that one-piece thing that came with it originally, it made the straps all twisty! So that's why it says Century on the chest clip, lol).

I can't see a picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sheesh, the one time I get a picture to work, someone can't see it anyway. :eek: Click on my screenname and the right of the page has my album, it's in there...the blue eyed cutie on her way to the hairdresser for a bang trim in the ugly plaid seat, lol.

zeo2ski

I can't see your pic here either Jools, but I clicked the album and man she was a cute toddler!

I make DH pick up the gross ones, lol.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I. Hate. Breverras. They're evil. Well, for installing for use with harness, but, to be fair, it made a decent booster at the time. Still, I hatehatehate them :whistle:

I hate them too.. They were the ONLY seat that I could not properly install in my Ford Focus. Actually, I did get it installed, but it ended up twisting the shoulder belt in the buckle about 3 seperate times before I finally got installed properly. I was so glad that stupid seat wasn't mine and i never had to use it again.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I hate them too.. They were the ONLY seat that I could not properly install in my Ford Focus. Actually, I did get it installed, but it ended up twisting the shoulder belt in the buckle about 3 seperate times before I finally got installed properly. I was so glad that stupid seat wasn't mine and i never had to use it again.

Exactly! I hated it even before I found this forum. After I learned so much here & had had a hands-on seatcheck, I attemped to install DD's older half-sister's Breverra in various cars without any success. I took great pleasure in watching biodad put it through the table saw when it expired ;) & I do so wish I'd had a camera then for a picture of that, sigh....

I was surprised that I was the only tech to raise a hand as having attempted to install this vile seat :)p) before at one of the workshops of the regional NHTSA conference a couple yrs ago :confused: Once upon a time they were so frighteningly popular locally! Perhaps the other techs were used to doing seatchecks through low-income distribution program & only ever installed the same seats (Gracos, I think)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC