BJCMS

jdchic3

So, anyone think you could use this for a newborn? Like just for walking around the neighborhood, or on occasion when I go out with just baby? Also, has anyone tried the car seat adapter bar with the KF30? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys! :D

ADS

Kat_Momof3

definitely... I mean, I'd get a snuzzler or something just to help keep baby more nestled and snuggled in... cause that's what newborns like and all, but definitely you could use it as a newborn.

I've seen the double IRL and the seats of those strollers go SUPER flat.

Auntie2Avi

I would, the seat lays really flat. IMO the seat lays flatter than the incline the child is in while seated in their carseat. If MSK can't take pictures let me know, I will take some tomorrow.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Agreeing but just a heads up some people have noticed if they scoot the baby up too high it can be tippy...like if an older sib grabs the handle bar. We :love: our mini. the canopy just can't be beat. If only we could interchange the city and mini wheels

AllieCanada

You can totally use it for a newborn but I would agree with getting a snuzzler or something similar to make it more cozy. I bought the BJSMS when DD2 was 2 months old and I've been using it with her as soon as I got it. I usually use just the stroller for her but if she has fallen asleep in the SS1 then I'll put the adapter on it and use it with the car seat so that I don't have to wake her up

I don't think the adapter would work with the KF30. The bar is reversible and you use it one way for Evenflo, Graco, and Britax and then you flip it and use it the other way for a Peg Perego. You just adjust it to where you need it and then push the lock down to hold it in place. The adapter has a strap that goes over your car seat through the belt guides that holds it onto the frame

Here's a pic of the adapter set up for my SS1
019-3.jpg

with my SS1 on it
020-4.jpg

and set up for a Peg Perego seat
021-3.jpg

Last edited:

Shanora

I have the BJ City Elite and have used it with Cordelia with out her carseat in it. I do lay a blanket down first and then put her in it (don't usually bother with the straps). She fits ok, and the recline is wonderful. It lays down really flat. I'm not sure if a Keyfit would fit but I can't imagine why not...like PP said, the bar adjusts to where you need it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC