stroller suggestions

veggiegirl228

I have a friend that is looking for a new stroller for her 3.5 y.o. She has tried out one's at BRU/Target/Walmart and is having a hard time finding one that drives smooth and will give her dd room to grow with it. She'll fit ok till it's reclined and the mesh is at her head (does this make sense?) She sits from bum to top of head at 22" and the budget would be $140 tops. Something that will fit in her trunk, folds fairly easily, good for most terrains, and of course be comfortable for her DD. Ideas?

ETA: she's tried the Mac's and doesn't hate nor love love it.

ADS

rochelle

DS1 and DS2 is about the same bum to head (21 to 23"). We had tried strollers and joggers at BRU, REI, Baby Depot, Target, Walmart.

so far we have no luck on a high seat back. my boys love sleeping in their double jogger and I have been hunting for the past few months for something more comfortable.

DS2 (35lbs/16kg)) had lots of fun with the quinny zapp and I had no problem giving him a joyride at BRU. yout friend might want to try the jeep liberty also.

most strollers has a max weight of 40-50lbs though. so its hard to give suggestions as you did not specify your friend's daughter's weight. air-tired joggers are much easier to push for kids > 30lbs plus shopping bags.

Kat_Momof3

Ruthie is taller than that in the bum to top of head measurment and she fits great in her babytrend expedition jogger.

I wouldn't pay full price for one, just cause they don't hold value... but have her look on ebay or craigslist for an EUC one... I got mine for 60 bucks on CL

here's a pic of Ruthie in it for frame of reference... she's 5, she's 43lbs, 45+ inches and more torso than leg, even though her legs have grown a lot since back in the day when she was ALL torso.

Excuse the fuzziness - Jeffrey took the pic
BarntakenbyJeffreyb.jpg

ginny4

i just picked up a jeep liberty stroller off CL for $40. my son will be 3 in june & is quite tall for his age. just measured him 22" to top of head while sitting. the cup holder/speaker system for your ipod or MP3 is set too far down IMO. the top of my sons head hits the bottom of that. so i will liekly just pop it off so he's more comfy. right now he just loves the lil steering wheel on the tray. it takes up 3/4 of my trunk of my van so this stroller stays at the house for walks & only taken in van if needed for small hikes.
i'm not complainin at all. for the price i couldn;t beat it

andreasmom

Kat, is that the Expedition stroller in the picture? Looking for a backup stroller for our trip to Disney World this summer and this looks like a good choice. Seems to be a comfortable fit even for a taller child. My daughter is a few inches taller than yours and I was wondering if there is much growing room in the harness. Seems like too many joggers dont take taller kids in to consideration when the design the shoulder straps. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC