The Chaperone is on the Britax site

mcomommy

102_8447.jpg

SS1 11.5ish inches

ADS
U

Unregistered1

Ooooh, chaperone, me likey! I wasn't a big Companion fan, but I like this one a lot. Sigh, too bad I'm so poor, or I'd get one for A's sibling.

Kat_Momof3

that "emma" cover is TOTALLY just tiffany without the extra pads... since when do they change the name of a fabric just because it doesn't have the extra pads or there is a small difference (IE - they still call it cowmoo even with black bordering on the sides with the Roundabout 50)??

I like the LOOK of the Chaperone... I just hope that it can really accomodate the larger babies like the Keyfit 30 and SS1 do.

Again, I like the look... kind of like the Peg Perego seat, before they went overboard with the giant wings... but anti-rebound bar on the base and a deeper shell.

Jennifer mom to my 7

that "emma" cover is TOTALLY just tiffany without the extra pads... since when do they change the name of a fabric just because it doesn't have the extra pads or there is a small difference (IE - they still call it cowmoo even with black bordering on the sides with the Roundabout 50)??

I like the LOOK of the Chaperone... I just hope that it can really accomodate the larger babies like the Keyfit 30 and SS1 do.

Again, I like the look... kind of like the Peg Perego seat, before they went overboard with the giant wings... but anti-rebound bar on the base and a deeper shell.

Umm, all the time. Yes, the roundabout 50 they are still calling cowmooflage, but it is a bru exclusive. Blue bouqhet was the regent, but on the marathon is Kayla. They most likely kept madison for the boulevard because of the discontinuation of the regent, but that is also clearanced, so most likely the whole pattern will be retired, kwim? OH, and didn't the madison regent match a marathon with another name?

puppypaws

I asked the customer service person about the chest clip yesterday when I was on the phone with Britax. She said they haven't even seen the seat yet so she couldn't tell me what the chest clip would be like. She said the seat is still going through testing. Told me it would be available in June or July.

Kaylasmom

I think of the IRL Tiffany as more of a Strawberry really. I opened the fabric swatch for Emma in a different window and then went to the Tiffany picture. Emma looks like the pink has a lot more orange in it than the Tiffany pink. I guess we'll find out for sure when someone gets their hands on one. :D

Mama Jo

Hmmmm, it looks nice, but was the Companion that expensive? I'm not impressed w/ the price, even if it does accomodate a higher weight/height like the SS1. I'm not sure it'll make it to my reccomended list. Does the handle have to be down in the car? I'm assuming so, do we know yet. I can't wait to see it though and I know lots of loyal Britax families who will buy one b/c it's Britax, lol.

I paid $209 for my Companion. (Yeah I was an idiot... I bought it cuz it was Britax :rolleyes: and I ended up getting rid of it after 4 months...) I definitely like the "headwing" style headrest thing in the Chaperone alot more than the inflatable pillow thing in the Companion. DS hated the pillow head thing, which is why I had to get rid of it. And the other thing I hated about the Companion was that the handle had to be down... but at the time I didn't know seats existed that could be used with the handle down... I wonder if the Chaperone can be used either way??? Regardless, I probably wouldn't spend that much on an infant seat again... I only like them for winter time anyway. Also, after reading up on it, I think I personally would prefer the seat I use for a newborn NOT have an anti-rebound bar. And I likely wouldn't top tether a convertible for a newborn either... but that's just me...

waterbaby

OH, and didn't the madison regent match a marathon with another name?

Yes, that's the Ashley Floral cover for the MA.

The tiffany, irl, is really more of a corally pink than a pink pink.
IMG_4466_2.jpg

The pink really looks very similar to the fabric/cover on the Madison Regent. I think it mimics LipSmackers raspberry chapstick, lol.

And the Chaperone looks promising! I never did like the headrest on the Companion and much prefer the headwings. And the no re-thread harness. GREAT to have on the infant seat... all of my babies seems to morph overnight.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Also, after reading up on it, I think I personally would prefer the seat I use for a newborn NOT have an anti-rebound bar. And I likely wouldn't top tether a convertible for a newborn either... but that's just me...

Anti-rebound is actually a whole different ball game than a rf'ing tether. Tethers prevent rebound much more abruptly, while an anti-rebound bar decreases and limits rebound, but doesn't completely prevent it... vehicle seats compress under the forces involved in a collision, so the seat isn't coming to a very sudden stop. If anything it's allowing the infant to ride down the forces of a collision and come to a more gradual stop without excess movement. Definitely a good thing. :thumbsup: (And I wouldn't rf tether a seat with a baby under the age of 4mos either, so I'm on the same page as you in regards to that.)

If this seat makes it to Canada it will probably be priced around $299 I'm guessing - which means it will be competing with the peg perego. I suspect if the Chaperone installs easily, it will win over the Peg due to the brand name and the extra year of use. I'm always shocked when people spend $299 on a PP SIP seat, but considering the # that do that, I'm sure this seat would be well used. And I can't resist saying how funny I find it that the limits on their infant seat are going to match the Canadian rf'ing limits on the MA/BLVD/BLVD CS. :rolleyes:

Mama Jo

Anti-rebound is actually a whole different ball game than a rf'ing tether. Tethers prevent rebound much more abruptly, while an anti-rebound bar decreases and limits rebound, but doesn't completely prevent it... vehicle seats compress under the forces involved in a collision, so the seat isn't coming to a very sudden stop. If anything it's allowing the infant to ride down the forces of a collision and come to a more gradual stop without excess movement. Definitely a good thing. :thumbsup: (And I wouldn't rf tether a seat with a baby under the age of 4mos either, so I'm on the same page as you in regards to that.)

Ah, That makes sense... Do you know if there are any crash test videos anywhere that show the amount of rebound in a seat with an anti-rebound bar compared to a tether? I'd be interested to see exactly how much rebound occurs with the bar. :whistle:

crunchierthanthou

What does the chest clip look like? I can't tell if it's the Companion's paperclip style, or if it's like the Marathon.

I don't think its either. I looked at the 'product demo' and clicked on 5pt harness. You can sort of see the chest clip. Its definitely not a paper clip style, but its not a huge marathon type one either :)

I asked the customer service person about the chest clip yesterday when I was on the phone with Britax. She said they haven't even seen the seat yet so she couldn't tell me what the chest clip would be like. She said the seat is still going through testing. Told me it would be available in June or July.

from the hint of it on the product demo page, I think it looks sort of like this-

chestclipclosed.jpg

chestclipopen.jpg

this is on the Mia Moda Viva Supreme. The harness is made by IMMI (the same supplier that Britax uses). It looks to be the same basic shape with the split in the middle and release tab. This one measures 4" across. The Britax convertible chest clip is 5.5".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC