Britax recommends TA - ?? one doesn't exist

autumnlily

I'm still toying around with the idea of buying an 8 passenger Sienna.

Our main carseat is the MA. I'm thinking my carseat configuration would be easiest as such:

Third row, out board Driver side - FF Marathon
2nd row, out board Passenger side and center - RF Marathons for the twins
Remove out board Driver side seat from second row

The issue would be the installation for the FF Marathon in the third row. I can install with the lap/shoulder belt ... but their is no tether anchor. The Britax Manual recommends the use but does not require the use of the TA. Is this a safe enough option?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Yes, technically safe enough if necessary.

However, with 5 of 6 seating positions having top tether anchors, I'd work to find a different configuration that would work and still allow her seat to be tethered. :twocents:

What about doing it the opposite with removing the 2nd row passenger side seat and having her outboard on that side? You'd have to walk aroud your van, but you should do that anyway.

autumnlily

Yes, technically safe enough if necessary.

However, with 5 of 6 seating positions having top tether anchors, I'd work to find a different configuration that would work and still allow her seat to be tethered. :twocents:

What about doing it the opposite with removing the 2nd row passenger side seat and having her outboard on that side? You'd have to walk behind your van, but you should do that anyway.

Thank you for your reply. I was curious just how safe this idea was... I definitely want to keep DD safe.

We currently have the 2002 Sienna with middle row bench and it is essentially like removing the passenger side seat... it does work well - except for the RF MA behind the driver seat, it gets in the way when DH drives. That's why I was entertaining the thought of removing the driver 2nd row seat - to eliminate the install there.

I did think about the GN in the center of the third row - then DD would have a cup holder and cubby and I'm thinking I could still fold the "40 split" of that third row.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I agree I would just move her to the center if it allowed for her seat to be top tethered. You can still access her which ever 2nd row outboard you remove to get her buckled and tightened.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC