The news is spreading... :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was just reading my National Education Association magazine, a publication normally dedicated to publishing articles about education (as would be expected).

Imagine my surprise when I found a short article about the cost of having a baby! There was even a part about carseats:
The cost-- Top-of-the-line car seats go for more than $200.

To save a few bucks-- Should you buy used? Only if you can verify its age and accident-free history. The date of manufacture should be on a seat label- it's required by law- and most should be retired after six years.

Consider this-- Even the best carseat isn't worth much if it's installed incorrectly. Go to www.seatcheck.org to find a certified car-seat inspector near you.

~ Is this "article" perfect? No. The "to save a few bucks" section could have been better.
I would have prefered more information about why used seats are (generally) not good. I would have liked to have seen something added about being able to verify that the straps have not been washed, that all the parts are still there, etc.
I also would have liked the recommendation to save a few bucks to be to buy a less expensive seat that meets the needs rather than to buy a used seat.

~ Is this article pretty good? Yes! I LOVE the part about even the best carseat not being worth anything if it is installed incorrectly. :thumbsup:

I was impressed. :)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
On a somewhat related note, I got a PTA email that had a brief bit about car seat safety, and they referred readers to www.car-safety.org (the sister site to this one) for more information.

The word IS getting out! :thumbsup:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
:) I would love some details on this to reference with my PTA in hopes of getting support for hosting car safety presentations in classrooms....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC