Question Diaper Bags for Two...

ctbcleveland

I put this in the general forum but if the mods want it in the pregnancy forum, feel free to move it.

I am not at all a diaper bag snob. I'd use a paper bag if it were big enough and wouldn't fall apart when it rained.

That being said, our daily diaper bag we use for daycare is full - and adding stuff for baby#2 in there is not going to happen.

This fall, I will be transporting a 2.5 yr old and 3 month old to daycare and need a diaper bag to accomodate their winter weather gear. What do you suggest?

We currently use a tote-bag style that zips at the top from target. It has been discontinued - so I can't post a picture.

ADS

sirrahn

I live in TX so admittedly have no clue about "winter weather gear", but from another non-diaper bag snob;), I used this bag in the large size when I had two in cloth diapers and found it roomy enough. LLBean sells the same bag as a diaper bag, but unless you'd use the changing pad or want one of the other colors, you can save the 10 bucks.

monstah

I use a backpack and highly reccommend it. I was using an Eddie Bauer backpack that fit plenty of stuff for two kids through the winter. :thumbsup:

Right now I actually use a Pottery Barn diaper bag backpack that's OK, but not roomy enough for what you need.

Pixels

When we travel and need to take tons of stuff (like a complete change of clothes for DD and me, in case she decides to puke on me) I use a backpack. Regular, run of the mill, nothing fancy. You can get one with tons of pockets if you like everything to have its own place, or one that's basically a paper bag with straps and a zipper. Whatever works for you.

ctbcleveland

So - for those of you that use backpacks - are you using a backpack diaper bag or a backpack that you converted into a diaper bag?

I was thinking about using a regular backpack that I already have because it would be hands free - but was concerned it would be too hard to find anything in it.

monstah

So - for those of you that use backpacks - are you using a backpack diaper bag or a backpack that you converted into a diaper bag?

I was thinking about using a regular backpack that I already have because it would be hands free - but was concerned it would be too hard to find anything in it.

A regular backpack is better, IMO. Diaper bag backpacks never seem to have as much room.
If you need more organization in the bag, you might even want to try a laptop back pack. They have more compartments and dividers.

I never ever had a problem finding things in my Eddie Bauer backpack. I could just stick my hand in there and pull out anything, within seconds, without looking. My DH on the other hand.... he wouldn't be able to find a bowling ball in it if he had too. :rolleyes:

ctbcleveland

If you need more organization in the bag, you might even want to try a laptop back pack. They have more compartments and dividers.

Mine is a laptop backpack. It is what we use when we travel so our hands are free to push the stroller. It has the laptop pocket but also have dividers in front of that for books, folders, etc. Those are pretty useless. Maybe I will just cut them out.

Sirrahn - When I transport DS to daycare - he wears only a fleece and socks. We pack his boots, winter coat, gloves and hat in his bag in case they play outside.

I don't object to buying a new one - but I've not been happy with most nicer diaper bags. I have an eddie bauer one from when DS was born that I never used because it smelled horrendous (like chemicals) and a pottery barn one that is useless because it is so small. The target bag I have was meant to be a bag for my breastpump - but I liked it so much, we use it every day.

P.S. DH is a manly-man and will not carry a cutesy diaper bag.

Pixels

I use my regular school backpack. I used the little pockets to organize the little things like pacis, and just stuffed the big stuff all in the big compartment. I knew how I had arranged that, so I could pull things out without looking. DH would have to go pawing though it.

My DH won't carry a pink diaper bag, either. I think he'd be okay with a cutesy "boy" bag if it was the perfect bag in other aspects, but he'd rather have plain black or gray.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
This fall, I will be transporting a 2.5 yr old and 3 month old to daycare and need a diaper bag to accomodate their winter weather gear. What do you suggest?

Are your children in the same room/group at day care? If not, I would seriously consider using a separate diaper bag for each child. (Actually, I'd probably use a separate diaper bag for each child anyway, for day care stuff at least.) :twocents:

Kat_Momof3

since you have a bag that works for your older one, why not simply get a separate bag for baby? Label them so the daycare knows whose stuff is in what bag... this will be helpful as they get older and don't go to the same room.

Since they discontinued the bag you use now, take the bag (empty or full... but I'd say full...) of just the baby's things... to the store and find a bag that can hold all those things (or is the same size as the bag you have), with room to accomodate more as baby grows

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC