News Graco Nautilus Recall (Canada only)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Graco Nautilus Incorrect National Safety Mark Label

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safedrivers/childsafety/notices/2009p02/menu.htm

Road Safety
Information: 1-800-333-0371

TP 14566 — Public Notice
Child Restraint Systems
2009-P02 E
April 14, 2009

Manufacturer:
Graco Children’s Products Inc.
150 Oaklands Blvd.
Exton PA 19341
USA

Importer:
Elfe Juvenile Products
5171 Thimens Blvd.
Montreal QC H4T 1K2

Consumer Contact:
1-800-667-8184

Media Contact
Ivan Bern
514-344-3533

Model and Model Numbers Affected:
Nautilus 8J00BRVCA, 8J00GLXCA, 8J00MTXCA, 8J00RSECA

Dates of Manufacture:
October 30, 2008 to December 26, 2008 inclusive

Number of Units - 11,439

Geographic Distribution:
Across Canada

Issue:

Elfe Juvenile Products and Transport Canada wish to inform the public of an error on the National Safety Mark label affixed to the side of the Nautilus child/booster seat. The National Safety Mark (NSM) is the round label with a maple leaf and the designated manufacturer/importer identifier number in the centre. This label also indicates the specific Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard(s) (CMVSS) with which the children’s restraint system complies. The NSM that has been affixed to the Nautilus child/booster indicates that the seat complies only with the booster cushion standard (CMVSS 213.2), whereas the NSM should state compliance with both the booster cushion standard and the child seat standards (CMVSS 213, 213.2). The corrected NSM will reflect the full certification status of the product and allow consumers to use the product as intended by the manufacturer, as indicated in the instruction manual and other labeling affixed to the child/booster seat.

Safety Risk:

The incorrect NSM will not affect the safety of the child/booster seat.

Background and Company Action:

During compliance testing Transport Canada found that the incorrect NSM label was affixed to the Nautilus child/booster seat. The company was informed immediately of the incorrect label.

The company quarantined all product located in the warehouse until new NSM labels were printed. The company has reprinted the affected label and affixed the new label to all Nautilus seats manufactured after December 26, 2008.

Consumer Recourse:

All registered and non-registered consumers should contact Elfe Juvenile Products at their toll free number (1-800-667-8184) to receive, free of charge, a repair kit consisting of a new NSM label and instructions on the location to affix the label. The affected restraint systems should not be returned to the retailer.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Graco Nautilus Recall

Manufacturer:
Graco Children’s Products Inc.
150 Oaklands Blvd.
Exton PA 19341
USA
Importer:
Elfe Juvenile Products
5171 Thimens Blvd.
Montreal QC H4T 1K2
Consumer Contact:
1-800-667-8184

Media Contact
Ivan Bern
514-344-3533
Model and Model Numbers Affected:
Nautilus 8J00BRVCA, 8J00GLXCA, 8J00MTXCA, 8J00RSECA
Dates of Manufacture:
October 30, 2008 to December 26, 2008 inclusive
Number of Units
Geographic Distribution:
Across Canada

Issue:

Elfe Juvenile Products and Transport Canada wish to inform the public of an error on the National Safety Mark label affixed to the side of the Nautilus child/booster seat. The National Safety Mark (NSM) is the round label with a maple leaf and the designated manufacturer/importer identifier number in the centre. This label also indicates the specific Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard(s) (CMVSS) with which the children’s restraint system complies. The NSM that has been affixed to the Nautilus child/booster indicates that the seat complies only with the booster cushion standard (CMVSS 213.2), whereas the NSM should state compliance with both the booster cushion standard and the child seat standards (CMVSS 213, 213.2). The corrected NSM will reflect the full certification status of the product and allow consumers to use the product as intended by the manufacturer, as indicated in the instruction manual and other labeling affixed to the child/booster seat.

Safety Risk:

The incorrect NSM will not affect the safety of the child/booster seat.

Background and Company Action:

During compliance testing Transport Canada found that the incorrect NSM label was affixed to the Nautilus child/booster seat. The company was informed immediately of the incorrect label.

The company quarantined all product located in the warehouse until new NSM labels were printed. The company has reprinted the affected label and affixed the new label to all Nautilus seats manufactured after December 26, 2008.

Consumer Recourse:
All registered and non-registered consumers should contact Elfe Juvenile Products at their toll free number (1-800-667-8184) to receive, free of charge, a repair kit consisting of a new NSM label and instructions on the location to affix the label. The affected restraint systems should not be returned to the retailer.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hope you don't mind I added to the title... when you look at just new posts it wasn't obvious it's only in Canada :)

And whoopsie, someone wasn't proofreading too well there in the label factory, huh? :p

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Hope you don't mind I added to the title... when you look at just new posts it wasn't obvious it's only in Canada :)

And whoopsie, someone wasn't proofreading too well there in the label factory, huh? :p

No problem, I was going to add that but then forgot when I actually posted :eek: At least I got it in the CDN forum :D

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I hadn't got around to contacting Elfe yet, but I got my new sticker in the mail anyway today. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I hadn't got around to contacting Elfe yet, but I got my new sticker in the mail anyway today. :thumbsup:

Good to know - I haven't gotten around to it yet either, so maybe I'll get mine in the mail as well.

In other news, a mom had 2 of these at the seat check today and both already had the new stickers - she'd purchased them just a week ago. I would've expected older stock to not necessarily have the updated stickers yet, but Sears must've put them on their stock. :thumbsup:

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Also in related news, I flew with my Nautilus this month and had two different airline staff look at the sticker, and neither noticed that it was missing the appropriate certification (and to be honest, neither did I. :eek:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC