Great video to show parents who want to ff to soon

ADS

lovinwaves

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! What a wonderful video! I have been looking for something like that. People would rather watch that than read a big long article. I am going to email it to everyone in my email that has young kids.

lovinwaves

I didn't make it but man did it make my cry!! I thougth who ever did make it did an exelent job.

I just sent this to about 20 people in my email box that have children. I also wrote a short message about rear-facing and my personal experience with it. I told them to forward this message to as many people as they can to help spread the word!

Thank you Again Julie!!!!

Ali

I sent this video to a bunch of people last week. I'm sure most probably ignored it, but one person (who doesn't have children yet) immediately replied, "Why would anyone turn their DC FF after seeing those crash test videos??"

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I love the video but WHY OH WHY in the HECK did they have to incudle the DUMB clip of a child drinking from a bottle... arrrgggg I'm a huge child saftey seat avacate but much more of a breastfeeding advicate as well... i mean really what does a bottle have anything do with a baby... if you want what is best for you child not only do they need to be safe in a car seat but they as well need the HUGE benifts of Breastfeeding/breastmilk...

T

tutu

Could someone send me a brief description of the video (just a sentence or two). I live in rural area w/only dial-up - too slow for playing video. I've been looking around for something to give to people who might only be willing to hear it (or see it) once, that covers the basics of car seat safety. I copied something from a post by markf1971 that was really good for this - was going to print it up after checking with him, and maybe put on magnet backings, along with a couple URLs. I want to send this video link out too, based on your comments, but I should probably know what it shows. Thanks!

lovinwaves

I love the video but WHY OH WHY in the HECK did they have to incudle the DUMB clip of a child drinking from a bottle... arrrgggg I'm a huge child saftey seat avacate but much more of a breastfeeding advicate as well... i mean really what does a bottle have anything do with a baby... if you want what is best for you child not only do they need to be safe in a car seat but they as well need the HUGE benifts of Breastfeeding/breastmilk...

Becca, I am a huge BF advocate also, but my dd would drink her BM from her Avent bottle occasionally. In fact I was confronted in public once by someone that was giving me unsolicited advice about BF'ing. Basically trying to make me feel bad for not BF'ing. But she was pretty embarassed when I told her my DD WAS BFed, and that she has only had it from a bottle a couple of times. We just gave her a bottle in this circumstance because where we were wasn't exactly BF'ing friendly. She was very apologetic, but obviously I wasn't offended AT ALL!! :D I told her to keep up the good work, and spread the word about BF'ing!!

lovinwaves

Ok, so I got my first reply back after sending this video to many people.
This lady I just met on StrollerSwap and have only sent a couple of email to about strollers, but she sent this email back to me:

Whoa. That's moving. I'm turning DD's seats (she's 33#) around now.

YEAAAA!!!!:D I did however ask her which seat she is using because most only rear-face to 33 pounds. But she can still rear-face at 33 POUNDS right? It's just 34 pounds she can't?

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I love the video and am passing it on to MANY people! I have to reply to the breastfeeding comments, too, though. I KNOW that breastfeeding is BEST for my babies, but have never been able to successfully breastfeed. Those of you who have breastfed and never had a problem don't understand the guilt, frustration, and stress that some of us go through trying to provide our babies with the BEST nutrition. I hate being judged for resorting to bottles & formula. It was never my first choice, but for my health & sanity, and my babies health & sanity, I couldn't breastfeed, and believe me, I tried with each of them for WAY too long. My DH begs me to NOT try breastfeeding with our future children because it was so stressful for us. My kiddos are now 2, 3, and 4, and even though it has been 2 yrs since I last tried breastfeeding, I still feel extremely guilty about it, even though I don't think that my healthy little geniuses could've turned out any smarter or healthier if I had breastfed them. I'm sorry to get so personal, I just get SO SICK of seeing the pro-breastfeeders everywhere I look!

lovinwaves

I love the video and am passing it on to MANY people! I have to reply to the breastfeeding comments, too, though. I KNOW that breastfeeding is BEST for my babies, but have never been able to successfully breastfeed. Those of you who have breastfed and never had a problem don't understand the guilt, frustration, and stress that some of us go through trying to provide our babies with the BEST nutrition. I hate being judged for resorting to bottles & formula. It was never my first choice, but for my health & sanity, and my babies health & sanity, I couldn't breastfeed, and believe me, I tried with each of them for WAY too long. My DH begs me to NOT try breastfeeding with our future children because it was so stressful for us. My kiddos are now 2, 3, and 4, and even though it has been 2 yrs since I last tried breastfeeding, I still feel extremely guilty about it, even though I don't think that my healthy little geniuses could've turned out any smarter or healthier if I had breastfed them. I'm sorry to get so personal, I just get SO SICK of seeing the pro-breastfeeders everywhere I look!

I understand how you feel. DD was breastfed for over a year, and I would have kept going but I got Pregant with DS. I had many many issues with her and BF'ing. She had problems latching, and basically the whole time I had a yeast infection. It was sooo horrible but I kept up with it. DH felt so bad for me, but I was persistent. My doctor wanted me to stop BF'ing because my body was so worn down and I was having other physical issues. It killed me to quit but I knew I had to take care of myself to be able to have a good pregnancy. I had a WHOLE bunch of frozen milk so she got BM for quite awhile after a year.

THEN....DS was born he was the WORST Breastfeeder. He was a Dawdler, so he nursed for like 45 minutes at a time every 2 hours. Well, that doesn't work when you also have a 16mth old to take care of. It was a really unhappy experience for me. I cried every night. Then he started to lose weight, and I mean a lot of weight. He was 9lb2oz. when he was born and by the time he was 6mths he was in the 5th percentile. My doctor said I wasn't making enough milk, and my milk didn't have enough fat in it and it was time to go to formula. I feel guilt everyday, BUT, it did make me realize that not EVERYONE can breastfeed! ;) :)

I still though however very persistently tell as many people as I can about all the great benefits of breastfeeding, and how hard it is.

But, I also have to say that there is nothing wrong with Promoting something that is proven to be healthier for our children, and I will continue doing just that! :)

smurf

Great video!

Just what I was looking for... great video! (made me cry, it's the hormones) You can talk to people till you're blue in the face but a video is worth 100000+ words. Sent it to all the moms I know.

BTW I BF'ed my 2 babes and plan to BF #3 but seeing a baby with a bottle doesn't bother me. Some moms can't (or won't) BF for a number of reasons and I respect that...

juliebug

Could someone send me a brief description of the video (just a sentence or two). I live in rural area w/only dial-up - too slow for playing video. I've been looking around for something to give to people who might only be willing to hear it (or see it) once, that covers the basics of car seat safety. I copied something from a post by markf1971 that was really good for this - was going to print it up after checking with him, and maybe put on magnet backings, along with a couple URLs. I want to send this video link out too, based on your comments, but I should probably know what it shows. Thanks!

It is a bout a 3 min clip is show a baby, and then has some infor about keeping baby rf and how dr. and other agree it is best. It also shows crash test footage of a ff child and a rf child. then in the end it says i only want what is best for madison.

Morganthe

Beautiful video. Person really cares about his/her niece's safety. I hope the adult sister 'got it'.

I know that law of averages is against it, but I'd just go ahead and believe that the bottle contains expressed milk in it. :cool: A bottle can make life easier, especially if the baby's in the car. Besides, car seat safety is a life and death immediate issue. To breastfeed or not is individual to that woman and her family. It's just not dire.
I'd love to see bf more here in the US, but until women feel more comfortable nursing in public, it's just not going to happen.

The other month I saw a mother at a Burger King play area with her 2 children. I felt so bad for her infant son when he was starting to cry and she said that it would be a 'long drive to her friends house' where she could bf her son.

I wanted to butt in and suggest that she could always nurse him in her minivan with the A/C on if she didn't want to do it in the play area of BK. It was just me, her friend and kids there. (I wouldn't have cared. I nursed all over Europe with my dd whenever we went anywhere. Rowen was always hungry. The locals always thought it was wonderful and I could see older women remembering their own babies. When we did want privacy, a sunscreen in the windshield was great) But I kept quiet since I didn't feel that she would welcome my comments.

While I believe that breastfeeding is always preferable, it is none of my business how someone else rears or feeds their child. Which is a good thing, otherwise I'd always be upset :) (IMHO, too many feed babies solids too young, too much juice in diet, too much sugar from High Fructose corn syrup, too much red dye, too much tv, not enough books, too late of bedtimes etc.....Yep, I'd always be irritated at other parents :p )

When it comes to danger involving either Blood, bones, and/or eyesight, that's where I'll do my best to help someone else. Everything else is pretty much opinion.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I have already gotten replies from a couple of the people I forwarded the video to... it seems to get the message across very well! :)
Lovinwaves - I'm always glad to hear of other moms that have trouble nursing, but are persistant anyway. All 3 of my babies had a shallow latch (apparently my nipples are TOO erect!) and I could never get it right, so it was excrutiatingly painful each & every time I nursed, even for the whole 4 months I nursed DD. I had the nasty yeast infections, too, and recurrent mastitis, which really made me sick, and as soon as it would clear up it would come right back. My babies all got thrush in their mouths and were absolutely miserable. My youngest had thrush so bad - 1 big white patch covering his mouth, and it peeled off and left his tongue and inside of his cheeks raw. He was 3 wks old and he cried nonstop for 3 weeks until it finally healed. Then, from all my infections, my milk starting drying up, and I took fenugreek (like 10 tabs a day), and pumped each side for 15-30 minutes after I nursed each time trying to get my milk to come back, and after a month of that, I finally gave up, but I cried & cried & cried about it! I nursed my DD the longest - about 4 months, but had to stop because of so many bouts with mastitis. I do think that all moms should at least give it a try, but I do know a couple other moms who've had trouble, and I try to help them feel less guilty about giving it up when they have to. I do still think of myself as 'pro-breastfeeding' and wouldn't want anyone to think otherwise, and of course, I do plan on giving it another shot (even though I feel like I should know better!) when I have another baby some day. And I know this is way off the subject of OP, so I'm going to stop talking about it now!

Simplysomething

I saw it on the other carseat board.

Tonight I put on the sound. What a nauseating song that is (it's r e e e e a a l l l y s l o w.)

Good video. Hate the song. Song makes me not want to watch the video. But great info there.

About breast feeding. Way to derail the thread! Congrats.

KHudson

Lol, Hey.. I am the one who made this video. Someone told me they saw this thread and I thought I'd check into it!

Lol, When I included the picture of Madison with her bottle, I didn't realize it would start a breastfeeding vs. formula debate, Lol. When I look at the picture, I just see her face. It was one of the few close-up pictures of just her face that I had of her on this computer and I only wanted pictures where she was in her carseat for the video.

becca011906, I understand where you are coming from. My sister does realize that breastfeeding/breastmilk is best. She tried it with her first son and with Madison. She took BFing classes before and after she was born and it still didn't work out for them. The doctors wanted her to be fed formula because she had jaundice that was getting worse and she was losing too much weight. While formula does not have many of the benefits that breastmilk does have, it is an acceptable form of nutrition for an infant. She was not being fed a poison. Thankfully, my niece made it through her first year being formula fed with nary a cold or ear infection. She is also at 13 months, saying 2-word phrases/sentences that many of her breastfed peers are not. I am pro-breastfeeding myself and I plan to breastfeed my own children. I however, do not think less of those who feed their babies formula and do not think it is a "dumb" choice. I am glad that you are fortunate enough to have been able to successfully breastfeed your own children. :)

Thank you, to those who have been passing the video along. I am glad you all liked it. :D

Lol, Simplysomething, I don't really like the song either. The reason I picked it was because it was slow and was in the Top 10 on the pop airplay chart so that it would be more recognizable to Madison's father and he would be more likely to listen. Another reason was that with the song I originally used it seemed too "loud" and I thought he would be too distracted by the song to read the information. Now that I think about it, I guess he is more intelligent than that but I don't know. :p

Thanks again everyone!

lovinwaves

Lol, Hey.. I am the one who made this video. Someone told me they saw this thread and I thought I'd check into it!

Lol, When I included the picture of Madison with her bottle, I didn't realize it would start a breastfeeding vs. formula debate, Lol. When I look at the picture, I just see her face. It was one of the few close-up pictures of just her face that I had of her on this computer and I only wanted pictures where she was in her carseat for the video.

becca011906, I understand where you are coming from. My sister does realize that breastfeeding/breastmilk is best. She tried it with her first son and with Madison. She took BFing classes before and after she was born and it still didn't work out for them. The doctors wanted her to be fed formula because she had jaundice that was getting worse and she was losing too much weight. While formula does not have many of the benefits that breastmilk does have, it is an acceptable form of nutrition for an infant. She was not being fed a poison. Thankfully, my niece made it through her first year being formula fed with nary a cold or ear infection. She is also at 13 months, saying 2-word phrases/sentences that many of her breastfed peers are not. I am pro-breastfeeding myself and I plan to breastfeed my own children. I however, do not think less of those who feed their babies formula and do not think it is a "dumb" choice. I am glad that you are fortunate enough to have been able to successfully breastfeed your own children. :)

Thank you, to those who have been passing the video along. I am glad you all liked it. :D

Lol, Simplysomething, I don't really like the song either. The reason I picked it was because it was slow and was in the Top 10 on the pop airplay chart so that it would be more recognizable to Madison's father and he would be more likely to listen. Another reason was that with the song I originally used it seemed too "loud" and I thought he would be too distracted by the song to read the information. Now that I think about it, I guess he is more intelligent than that but I don't know. :p

Thanks again everyone!

Hi KHudson, Are you Kate Hudson? LOL just kiddin'

Anyways, welcome to the board. So you don't have any children of your own? If not, how did you know so much about child passenger safety? And on top of that know about extended rear-facing? You are amazing. I personally like the song, and DH sat with me and watched the video. He is very critical of music, as this wasn't exactly something he would have listened to, but he actually thought the song went well with the video. Keep up the good work!! Maybe you can make another video about extended harnessing! LOL

KHudson

Hi KHudson, Are you Kate Hudson? LOL just kiddin'

Anyways, welcome to the board. So you don't have any children of your own? If not, how did you know so much about child passenger safety? And on top of that know about extended rear-facing? You are amazing. I personally like the song, and DH sat with me and watched the video. He is very critical of music, as this wasn't exactly something he would have listened to, but he actually thought the song went well with the video. Keep up the good work!! Maybe you can make another video about extended harnessing! LOL

Thank you! Lol, My name is Katherine. I am told I used to go by Kate as a baby but it never really stuck. :D

Lol, No, I don't have any children of my own. I am only seventeen, actually. Lol, I am not sure how I know a lot about child passenger safety and extended rear-facing. My first nephew is four and a half. He was born when I was not even thirteen yet. I babysat him a lot when he was a newborn and even now when my sister works. Well, my nephew was a big baby, in the 90th percentile his whole first year. He outgrew his infant carrier pretty fast and he needed a convertible seat. I kept seeing ads in my sister's parenting magazines for Britax seats and I thought their covers were really cute. So, I searched for them online and ended up at the Car Seat board on iVillage. I then ended up at the CPSafety website and saw the album of the older kids rear-facing and all of the articles about extended rear-facing. I then showed my sister and my Mom and they ordered him a Marathon. Lol, So, I guess my obsession with car seats and child passenger safety started when I was twelve and a half. Actually, before that.. Lol, I still remember at my fifth birthday party my Mom's friend bought my a new booster seat because I was always telling the kids at the afternoon kindergarten bus stop that they should still be in carseats. Lol, Most of the pictures from that party were of my older brother pushing me and another kid around inside a booster seat box. Lol, Best present ever. :D

Lol, I am actually starting to work on a video about extended harnessing. My nephew is 57 lbs at age four and a half and he is still harnessed in a Regent. He is very tall, everyone thinks he is 6 or 7 when they see him. My sister and my Mom when they take him places get comments about why is he so big and still in a "baby seat"....It is very irritating, but at least he is as safe as possible and he loves his seat. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC