Graco Safe Seat pics

busymom

Ok! so today I went to sears and got the safe seat on sale for 169.00 plus an additional 10 bucks off cause I was there when the store opened :p

Anyhow I stuck DS in there.. pardon the diaper picture.. he had just been changed ..anyways the straps *just* behind his shoulder are on the second slots.. he seems comfortable and the seat seems wide enough, however I am wondering about how tall his head is in the shell.. its just below the poofy part.. and honestly I am wracking my brains as to how he would fit in this seat with the shoulder straps in the 3rd slot! I would imagine his head would be way to tall??:confused:

Anyhow.. I am not impressed with the overall finishing and quality of the seat I find it cheapish and the textiles are sewn sloppily.. however this is coming from the point of view of a Viaggio user ..anyhow look at the pics and tell me if he fits ok? I think he does.. he is 13 mos and 29 inches tall and 24 pounds.

I apologize in advance for the crappy camera phone pics.. I was too lazy to hunt down the digital.. LOL

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I agree that the top slots are essentially useless. IMO, once a child needs the top, their head will no longer be within the 1" of the top of the shell guideline. I have the Safeseat, and really like it...but...honestly find myself not using the seat with a child much over 20lbs. I certainly don't use it as a carrier...BUT, have to admit that being able to buckle the child in the house before heading outside is a nice feature and one I'm utilizing now...but man that thing is a beast to carry with a 21lbs 8mo old. Other then to/from the house...the seat stays in the car. I'm about to move him to the rf RA.

lovinwaves

KayKidz,
Here is something "BusyMomma" said in another post that might answer your question. She has baby #4 coming in March.

We live in canada only certain seats are available here.
We have two bench rows each bench can seat 3 passengers.
I am thinking of the safe seat 1 because he can use it likely easily until our new baby due in March outgrows the Viaggio I have and can move right into that.. then we can put him in something else..
I like the portability of the infant buckets he still falls asleep in his seat often and it would be nice to have the option to move him while sleeping.
Money is not really a concern.

busymom

I bought it because I am expecting a new baby in march so I knew once the new baby was too large for the Viaggio she will use it as well. :)
I do not want him forward facing, and honestly I dont carry the bucket dh does .. we only have one vehicle so when we go out its 98% together..hes a strapping guy at 6'3 he can handle it! LOL

Also I live in a cold climate.. Ontario specifically and its brutally freezing here.. the lure of bunding up inside and then moving the seat outside was super attractive to me.. as was being able to leave him in it if he falls asleep and we take him with us sleeping in the seat rather than waking and disrupting him..

Stupid small things I know.. but things that make our life easier. I will move him from this to a marathon in all likelyhood or a Radian.

busymom

KayKidz,
Here is something "BusyMomma" said in another post that might answer your question. She has baby #4 coming in March.

We live in canada only certain seats are available here.
We have two bench rows each bench can seat 3 passengers.
I am thinking of the safe seat 1 because he can use it likely easily until our new baby due in March outgrows the Viaggio I have and can move right into that.. then we can put him in something else..
I like the portability of the infant buckets he still falls asleep in his seat often and it would be nice to have the option to move him while sleeping.
Money is not really a concern.

LOL we cross posted.. but thankyou :D
What do you think of his fit in there?

busymom

Im hoping not! lol
He fell asleep in it right after I took his pic.. LMAO
my baby the carseat narcoleptic.. :p

All I can go on is his siblings..
DS 4 is 39 inches tall and 35 pounds.
DD is almost 3 and 32 pounds and I think I measured her shy of 37 inches..

Dh is TALL im a shorty :D

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, that makes sense then. And at this stage of the game, he's not going to grow through the torso near as much as he's going to sprout more leg. At the moment, he fits in the Safeseat fine and you should get him to at least 18mo or so in this seat, IMO.

I don't live in CA, so can only imagine your winters...it's cold enough here in Oklahoma that I may continue to use the Safeseat through winter for the exact same reasons as you've stated. Not to mention for me, it's one less kid I have to buckle once I'm out in the cold. Right now, I have 5 daycare kids, all in harnessed seats...I'm all for speeding up the process (safely of course!).

lovinwaves

I just bought a Safeseat for my 8.5 mo http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats
She's a biiiiiig girl... my arms hurt from carrying her, but I'm afraid of winter, even here in Virginia, lol.

Hey Jools,
Can you come over the thread called "I remember when I was told..." under the "Car Seats" forum. We are discussing feet touching the back of the Car's seat rear-facing.

In one of your photos of Leah in a Companion your caption says "feet dangling". Did you say that as a technical observation or just to be funny? Her feet being longer than the seat is ok right?
THANK YOU!! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC