I think I need a P3 or similar

MoreLatte

Well, we went to the zoo today and my 5yr old ended up in the stroller most of the day. I had my Ergo for my 2yr old, but really just wished I had a stroller that DD could just hop on and off of. I don't want a traditional sit and stand, though. I'd like something more compact.

I would like to get something to get me through this summer. Isn't there a Chicco stroller that has the rear foot boards, too? I thought it was the Trevi, but I don't see that mentioned in the descriptions. If there is a Chicco one, is it as durable as the P3? I have a pliko lite now, and it seems to be holding up well, I just wish it could hold two kids!

ADS

bubbaray

I love love love my P3.

Yes, Chicco used to make a stroller with a step, its the C1. Its been discontinued, but you might still find one on ebay or elsewhere. The quality is the same as the P3, its slightly heavier. I prefer the steering on the Chicco.

The Inglesina Zippy also has an integrated toddler step.

In terms of models currently on the market, the P3 and Zippy are your only choices, unless you want to go with something like a BuggyBoard or KiddieBoard.

Personally, I prefer the integrated step. Have I mentioned I love my P3??

MoreLatte

Thanks for the info on the Chicco.

I used to have the old style Pliko back when my 5yr old was a baby and I loved it, but then my older DD stopped riding so I sold it. I just found the EXACT stroller on my CL for $40 so I'm hoping its available. If it isn't, I'll check into a used P3.

I love my Zippy. The Zippy and P3 are nearly identical.

Zippy has a true one hand, one motion fold. Better fold basically. P3 has nicer fabrics and eBay tends to have better prices on the P3. How much each is "better" than the other is arguable but they're really, really close in terms of everything. Can't go wrong with either.

MoreLatte

THe P3 step is bigger than the Pliko step -- just an FYI.

Oh, thats good to know! There is also a P3 on my CL for $75 so maybe I should just go with that then.

I love my Zippy. The Zippy and P3 are nearly identical.

Zippy has a true one hand, one motion fold. Better fold basically. P3 has nicer fabrics and eBay tends to have better prices on the P3. How much each is "better" than the other is arguable but they're really, really close in terms of everything. Can't go wrong with either.

I checked out the Zippy just a few minutes ago on Ebay and OUCH, they are a bit pricier than the P3s. I really just need something to get me through the summer. I think I'll check CL for a Zippy, too just to see. Thanks!

If you like the P3, just get it. The fold on the Zippy can be pretty addicting. You might end up spending more than you expected just to get the fold. We have no regrets, but that's cuz the main reason I started looking into the Zippy in the first place is cuz I didn't like the fold of our first stroller. So, fold is prolly the #1 priority on my list. That made the Zippy the obvious choice for me. Since it was that important, the price difference was acceptable to me. We're getting a Baby Jogger Double stroller cuz Baby Jogger is the other stroller with the best fold.

That's not to say there isn't other stuff great about the Zippy, it's just that the fold tends to outshine everything else. If you never try it and are happy with the prices of the P3s you see, maybe it's best you never try the Zippy. Zippys are pretty hard to find cuz the P3 outsells it by a ton. Zippys only show up at specialty stores or a few online places while you can get the P3 at BRUS. That means used P3s are a ton easier to find than a used Zippy.

MoreLatte

did you see this? http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=77787 I believe it comes with a riding board for the older child...

I saw that and would LOVE to buy it, but I think my DH would have a heart attack! (I have 7 strollers already, so it needs to be cheap!lol)

I wonder if a board will fit on my BabyJogger City Classic?

I guess I could drag my Peg Milano XL out of the garage for my trips to the zoo, its just so....old-lol

lovinwaves

you don't have a new classic do you? If so, you could add the toddler jump seat on the front

ETA: nevermind! It only holds 33lbs...maybe it's the Valco one I am thinking of that holds 45 pounds? :question:

romanoma

I have started looking at these also, but don't like that the zippy and P3 have the 2 handlebars. Can they still be pushed one handed? it seems like probly not.

Thanks!

(PS: there's a P3 at returns for sale!!! I've been debating it, but if someone beats me to it my decision is made for me :whistle:)

MoreLatte

I'm not sure about being able to push one-handed. I used to have a Pliko and currently have the Pliko Lite and with one kid in it, sure, you can push with one hand but probably not with the second child on the back.

I checked out the one on returnsforsale. Unless you are set on that color, they also have some on sale at albeebaby for $189. I posted a wanted add on my CL, so I'm hoping I can find a used one just to get me through the summer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC