Field trip report

Funny thing - turned out that one of the drivers in DD2's class cancelled and one extra showed up in DD1's class, so when I got the girls to school I found that their teachers reshuffled the seating arrangements so DD2 and one of her classmates would be in our car with DD1 and one of her classmates.

Neither of the classmates brought boosters (and they're both around the same size as my DD's - somewhere around 50 lbs and 4' tall) but the one who sat in the third row with DD2 didn't object to sitting in L's AirBooster while DD2 sat in one of our PW's. DD1 sat in the backless FPSV that DD2 was going to use in her classmate's car. I'm sorta bummed that I didn't have the other FPSV in the car for DD1's classmate (we had been in such a hurry to get to school by 8, I had already put one FPSV in the car and couldn't find where I left the other one - when we got home I discovered I had perched it on top of a box on the floor of the garage).

And now I'm reminded that I should revisit asking DDs' teachers if I can distribute a 5-step test flyer, or maybe at least add something to the standard field-trip announcement for parents to remind their kids that it's not appropriate to make negative remarks about booster seats and the classmates who use them (again, some of the more rambunctious boys could be heard saying things like "eew, booster seats":mad:)

And I now have a "HBB/LBB rule" that DD's seem to be able to live with: HBB's required in our '97 Civic and the 3rd row of the Highlander b/c of the side impact protection (side curtain air bags are only in 1st and 2nd row of the Highlander). LBB permitted in 2nd row of Highlander but HBB's will be used on any long drives so there's comfy head rests for napping.

ADS

Pixels

And I now have a "HBB/LBB rule" that DD's seem to be able to live with: HBB's required in our '97 Civic and the 3rd row of the Highlander b/c of the side impact protection (side curtain air bags are only in 1st and 2nd row of the Highlander). LBB permitted in 2nd row of Highlander but HBB's will be used on any long drives so there's comfy head rests for napping.

This sounds like you've gotten it worked out in your mind, and explained it to the girls, so everyone is on the same page. :thumbsup: It's better when everyone is clear on the rules and, at that age, knows the "why"s behind them. :)

Glad to hear the field trip worked out well for the most part.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
(side curtain air bags are only in 1st and 2nd row of the Highlander).

Really? What year Highlander? I looked at the 2007 and 2008 when I before I bought the Armada and I could have sworn there was curtains in all 3 rows.

ETA: Just double checked with IIHS. 2007 rows 1&2. 2008 rows 1&2&3

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC