Maclaren Quest vs Volo

northernmommy

I'd like to get a lightweight stroller for the car and travelling (there is just no way to pack a double Chariot on vacation easily, LOL:p) I see the Volo online for $69, and the Quest for $120-160. Is the Quest worth the extra money? It will be used for DS mostly (2yrs, 30lbs), but I'd like to be able to put DD2 (4yrs, 42lbs) in it as well.

Thoughts?:)

ADS

lovinwaves

Ah, I like both :)

The Volo only becomes a dealbreaker for me when the weather is cold, or when I really need a recline. Otherwise, the Volo is great, and it weighs about 4lbs lighter than the Quest.

AtTheSouthDam

I like the quest though I seriously considered the Volo. It just seemed more substantial. I like the recline, the solid seat back, and (if you get a Mod) the pocket on the hood. Oh, and the foot rest feature, it is not an all or nothing type deal, I can pull it out halfway which give my 5 yo more leg support (not that sis lets her ride in it :p)

Rosey

The quest seems to be more comfortable to ride in long periods, but it isn't really a deal breaker. My 2yo niece likes to have the foot rest out and cross her legs.

aclayton74

I prefer the quest over the volo only because the seat reclines. If you buy one on Ebay do not buy it from this seller MAXOTY they take off the serial numbers and take the warranty card out of the box. So you can't register your stroller. I bought mine from BabySurplus and got free shipping and had my stroller within about 4 days.

shauburg

I got the Quest because I did not like the mesh & abundace of white on the Volos in the model years I had to choose from (who needs mesh in Canada? LOL) and because of the recline & footrest on the Quest. But DS was still under one when I got the Quest. For an older child(ren) I would seriously consider the Volo if I could get over my mesh issue!

ginny4

i got a volo & just used it for a 4 day vacation in Boston. let me tell you that was the ABSOLUTE BEST thing i bought for the vacation. it packed small & was so easy to fold & carry up & down the subway stairs & such.....i couldn't imagine going thru the city again without it. one year we used my huge bulky stroller & it was a nightmare. the volo was definitly a good investment. plus the price along with the quality is unbeatable. my almsot 3yo didn't mind that it dodn't recline. he actually slept really nicely in it. even my nearly 5 yo enjoyed a ride or 2 in it.

the mesh is no big deal (not as bad as i thought i would be). you can always throw a blanket behind their back if it becomes a problem with the cold

For older kids, I like the Volo. For younger ones, I like the Quest. 2.5yrs old is prolly old enough to go straight to the Volo imo.

MoreLatte

I'd get one of each:D Oh, that's right, I DO have one of each!

I agree with codex, for an older child, the Volo is nice, it is a little roomier and doesn't sit super upright, so they really can still sleep in it. The recline on the Quest is nice for younger kiddos. At age 2, you could get away with the Volo. The basket is more accessible on the Volo because the recline mechanism is a little in the way on the Quest. Plus, the seat-bottom sits up just a little higher on the Volo making the basket access easier, too.

If you need comparison pics, I can take some for you:)

Rosey

This is my niece in her Quest. She is 2 but wears 3T/4T clothing. She loves to recline and have the foot rest kicked out.

CIMG6232-1.jpg

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
ROFL I love the face swirl.

It is hard to compare the 2.....They hold their value well though so if you can swing the extra$ I'd go w/ the Quest.

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
I was planning to get a volo for our vacation but settled on the triumph...it has the extra padding and a slight recline. I was just not in love with the volo. I didn't think it was substantial enough for the $70-115 it cost. I absolutely couldn't justify the extra $$ on the quest, but the triumph is perfect...IMO of course. I found mine on ebay new for i believe $110 with 2 covers.

P1ally

Hmmm I found a floor model triumph at my BRU for $150, and I have a 20% off coupon... OR I could get a volo for less.......... WWYD?

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like the Triumph, it gets a bad rap for older kids mostly because it isn't as deep as the Volo. It is so hard to say which you would prefer. If you think DC will need more recline go w/ the Triumph. Some of my kids didn't need it, some did.

My 2 Favs are the Volo and the Quest. DH prefers the Techno

And to add to the decison making process Ebay has new Volos for $65 and up

nov05mama

For older kids, I like the Volo. For younger ones, I like the Quest. 2.5yrs old is prolly old enough to go straight to the Volo imo.

I agree w/ this sentiment. I have the Volo and LOVE it, but we didn't get it until DS was already 2 years old and no longer needed a recline. It's the best stroller EVER! The only reason I would get a Quest (or other version of Maclaren) is if I needed the recline for a younger child. I highly recommend the Volo :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC