need opinion on high seatback double jogger

rochelle

We used our Instep Safari TT double for 2 yrs with a Protect-a-bub sunshade and it now has a 4" torn at the seat for a few months.

Needs:

1) air tires - gravel, sandy paths, fast walking, no snow here.
2) can take hopefully > 50lbs per seat. (DS1 is 43lbs, DS2 is 35lbs)
3) good canopies to block the sun. (sunshade flies when windy :( otherwise great)
4) high seatbacks (boys outgrew Instep's seatback)
4) belly bar (my boys like to hold on to the bar when going down long handicap ramps)
5) 5pt harness (for the same reason we want them harness in their carseats)
6) big (bottom) basket for groceries - 2 gallons of milk and other stuff

main use of stroller:
1) to stroll to neighbourhood parks and supermarket
2) to stroll my DS1 and DS2 to and from kindergarten this fall. (I can't drive and DS1 tends to fall asleep after any class)
3) zoo/aquariums/state parks

price:
intend to get 2nd hand off my neighbourhood mums or craiglist.

we have plenty of boot space in our corolla.

I have considered these models

1) Baby Jogger Summit 360 Double Jogging Stroller (max 100lbs, lovely canopy)
2) Bob Strollers 2009 Stroller Strides Duallie Double Jogging Stroller (max 100lbs)
3) Mountain Buggy Urban Double Jogging Stroller (max 110lbs)

ADS

lovinwaves

I have considered these models

1) Baby Jogger Summit 360 Double Jogging Stroller (max 100lbs, lovely canopy)
2) Bob Strollers 2009 Stroller Strides Duallie Double Jogging Stroller (max 100lbs)
3) Mountain Buggy Urban Double Jogging Stroller (max 110lbs)

First of all, all of these strollers I would recommend in a heartbeat. They are all very popular, extremely well made, and have a reputation of being high quality and lasting through the years. These would also be great for you because they all have air tires.

1) Larger back wheels, 4 wheels to add to stability, super easy to lock front wheel, great canopies, excellent customer service, VERY highseatbacks(don't forget to add the additional height of the bubble hood :thumbsup: )...the highest of the 3 you listed...would last you the longest.

2) Great solid stroller, front wheel locks forward which is great for if you want to jog with it. Pushes like a dream, easy to steer. Awesome suspension

3) Ahhhh the MBUD....love the MBUD. Compact design, great for a person that is shorter and finds the BOB or BJ too tall for them, the sunshade really isn't good though :( , and the seatbacks aren't going to be as tall either. This stroller steers like a dream though! Great resale value as well.

rochelle

I am 5'3" so on the short side. I had no problem with the Bob Dualie in terms of height (tested at REI 2yrs back) DH didn't like it

My boys are good at sleeping in the jogger, often both at the same time. thats the main reason we keep them harness. DS2 has the ability to slide down from his seat when asleep and not harnessed.

My mum is in love with Baby Jogger Double when she saw a few of them at a Mums & Babes Halloween event last year. the kids were bigger than my kids and comfortably "loafing" inside

I am in love with the canopy too. can keep the sun off my boys face without attaching the sunshade.

Now I have to ask my neighbours to let me try their Baby Jogger and MBUD.

We hike on moderate trails but me and DH dont jog/run. so handbrakes are nice to have but optional.

thanks for replying

Past strollers:
Maclaren Techno XT (fav airport stroller, tends to overturn, handles blistered DH hands),
Graco Single Jogger (great from newborn, can use infant car seat without need for adapter, fixed front wheel),
Graco Duoglider (too hard to push when boys hit 60lbs combined)
Instep Safari TT Double Jogger (great cheap jogger. changed inner tube once for the 16" wheel)

Megreg

HI,
I have a Dreamer Design and it's an incredible jogging stoller. We use it hiking in the woods, took it to Disney and it's by far one of the best strollers I have ever had (I have 3 Doubles and 3 singles).
It does not have a belly bar though, so that might not work for you. If you need pics, I have some of my kids at Disney. I specifically bought this one because of the seat back height. My DD at 4 was way too tall for the Instep, this one has major shade coverage (individual) and individual seat reclining.

Hope that helps..

rochelle

Megreg,

I did a internet search on Dreamer Design and only saw fixed front wheel joggers. It was more tiring for me pushing my Graco jogger as it was fixed front wheel.

My 4yr old DS1 had long outgrown the Instep seatback :( but too many red light runners for us to feel safe with him walking home alongside me from park/kindergarten.

Which model of the Dreamer Design did u use at Disney?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Dreamer Design Manhattan has double swivel wheels. But, if you want tall seatbacks I'd stay away from DD. I had a Manhattan for a couple of months that I sold and replaced with a MBUD because the canopy would bonk DD on the head. FWIW, the canopy on the MBUD is completely worthless. That's the only flaw with the stroller. I :love: that thing so much but I wish it had a different canopy :(

Megreg

Hi Rochelle,
I have the Dreamer Design Ditto. It has both the front fixed wheel as well as the swivel wheel as an attachment. To be honest, I haven't even used the swivel wheel attachment yet, LOL, but it came with one.. I LOVE mine and have never had an issue with the sunshades. To be honest, they are very well made and are extremely 'tight' when pulling them down or up and I love the high seat backs.
I'll post a few pics, but I have to load them to photobucket first :thumbsup:

rochelle

Judi,

was going to sew a patch over the tear as an interim. DH will call Pacific Cycle and check since we cant order from instep.net.

we tried the Bob Dualie at REI today. DH didnt like it.

btw we had a great family road trip to Portland, Ashland, Medford, Bonneville and Crater lake during thanksgiving last year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC