Chicco in the family

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I worked at a check up event today (55 and cloudy - BRRR - first event EVER I've not broken a sweat at :rolleyes: ).

First car I draw has a Chicco Key Fit. The expectant mom says that the car behind her is her husband and he has a 2nd base for the seat. Bing-bang-boom. Base installed, rock solid, level indicator good. Wow!! :D Ditto for base in dad's truck. I marvel at the seat/base, go through the demo on how to use the latch (for their new car, the rental, grandma's) and the education part: how long can the baby fit this seat?, then what?, how to buckle baby in etc. etc. Mom says, "My SIL has the same seat, so you'll see it again. Grandma and grandpa said we had to have the same seats; they bought them. She has an appointment later."

Well, that was partial true. Not only did Mom have an appointment, but so did dad, and grandma. :) Yep, 2 seats, five vehicles, five bases, no problems what so ever, now if it went up to 25-30 pounds I REALLY be drooling. This is a family that was thinkin'!! Two little girl cousins coming in about a month. Having the same seat/base means that any of the adults can have a baby on board and, since the bases go in so easy, it won't be a problem to pop one out/in for both to ride in the same vehicle.

ADS

Ali

That's awesome that they planned ahead!

We went with Graco before we knew any better - great seat - I just didn't know of the other options at the time. All my friends have gone with Graco, so we have lots of extra bases. It's great because I just keep the extra base installed next to DD's RF MA and I can help with anyone elses little one.

Lara

In February, it is supposed to come out to 30 lbs:D

Great that they had it in right and everything! And very smart of them to have all the same seat so they can very easily switch cars.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That is very smart of them and good for you for at least knowing how to install it. lol I've had to help 3 other techs before install this seat b/c 1) they had never seen it and 2) I guess they didn't feel like reading the manuaul. The one tried to put a locking clip on it! :eek:

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Nah, I read the manual 'cause I'd never seen one either. The dad actually had done a really good job. His only oops was he thought the seat belt had to be threaded through the LATCH straps/loop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC