Double stroller advice

scuby20

So baby#2 is due next month, and I need to get a double stroller. I was thinking about the bumbleride indie twin...or the valco baby .it is a side by side and has seperate canopies, and can accomidate an infant carrier.....tell me what you like/don't like about your double stroller....I need ALL the tips/advice I can get!! oh and my first will be 2 on april 18th...so they are 2 years apart..she can walk and all but tires easily if we go to the mall or zoo or something....and the sit and stand won't work for her.

ADS

BW1426

The Baby Jogger doubles are well loved. My personal favorite is the Baby Jogger City Elite double. But the Baby Jogger City Mini Double is well loved too. If you do a search on here for the "BJCMD" tons of stuff will come up. You can purchase a carseat adapter for both.

lovinwaves

Sounds like you have a hefty budget. While the two you mentioned are nice strollers there is one stroller in particular that seems to fit the bill for just about every situation.

Have you ever heard of the Baby Jogger City Series Double Mini? Try doing a forum search and you will read lots of good info on it! It is a very popular stroller.

What sets it apart from other strollers:

Large 8inch plastic wheels will allow better handling on sidewalks, and some offroad, and also helps keep the strollers overall weight down because they are not air tires.

Folds up very easily, in one swoop step.

Only weighs 25lbs, which is about what a single stroller typically weighs.

Has the option to attach one infant carseat

Very high seatbacks, and independent 'bubble' hoods, which makes this your last double stroller you will ever need.

ETA: I am going to move your thread to the "stroller and Gear forum" as well :)

scuby20

thanks....well not that I want to spend a LOT on a stroller....my daughters stroller I currently have, and will use some with the new baby is a Stokke Xplory. I don't have unlimited funds, but have saved to make sure I can get the best stroller (and carseats) for my kids.
I'm currently haveing to save for an apnea monitor for the next baby, so saving money where I can is always a plus. I will definatly check out the baby jogger one. :)

Kyras_Mama

It's not on your list... but I just wanted to say that so far I LOVE our Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem. It's front to back though. I love being able to turn the girls to face me, each other or the front and being able to fully recline both seats for naps as dd#1 is still young enough to doze in the stroller. It pushes like a dream, even over gravel and has a huge basket that I can get to from a lot of different angles. I like that you can take the seats off when folding it too because it makes it much easier for me to wrangle into and out of the trunk than any of my friends double strollers that have all the features like the basket and shades, etc. It does work with one infant carseat but we've only tried that once as we usually don't take the carseat out of the car and the seats fully recline for a newborn. We looked at LOTS of doubles, including some much more expensive ones and I couldn't find one I liked as much as this. It is fairly long but turns and maneuvers easily. Older dd (almost 15 months) loves it.

Rosey

I would ride in my BJCMD if I could :) Fits really well in the back of my van. Great for some outdoors stuff even soccer field, zoo, park. Canopies are fabulous. The seats are large enough for my 5yo. If I have another, I will get the car seat adapter. I am not a fan of heavy strollers so I wouldn't do the bumbleride but that is me.

lovemybabies924

i think the city mini is narrower, a lot lighter, and has the plastic wheels not air..i tested out the single and loved it and was going to get the double but then i realized i missed my bob revolution duallie too much so i bought another!! have u thought about the bob? i LOVE LOVE LOVE the push on it. it is a little heavy but not as heavy as the ones ur first listed i dont think! ive had the 16" and 12" and they both are great :) i can push 4 kids in one one handed! i just put the smallest 2 in the seat and have their friends sit where the foot rest is!:thumbsup:

AlishaNC82

I love my Valco Twin (I have the single with the toddler seat too). I have the car seat adapter and it works great too. The recline is totally flat and it has a high seat back too. It is great for rough terrain. I can easily push it with one hand. The wheels can be fixed, 45 deg turning ability, or complete turning ability. (Hope that makes sense.)

Another option you might want to consider is the Maclaren Twin Techno. I use it when I am out shopping and want more room in the trunk for shopping bags. The Maclaren isn't as easy to steer one handed since there is no center handle.

My DD and DS are 22 months apart and both stroller push like a dream with only one of them or both in the stroller.

Oh, one thing that I would highly recommend about these two strollers is that both require an adult to undo the harnesses. The separate compartments for each child is also very handy when your older child is trying to "help" the little one. Oh and the Maclaren cannot hold an infant carrier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC