My 4YO is rear facing just for today!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
My STBX is here for the weekend, and my dd's best friend spent last night and will be here the rest of today.

STBX wanted to take the kids out, and after getting dd's best friend's mothers permission, I tried to get 3 across in the rental (I'm not on the rental, and I have places to go, and he didn't want to take my van anyways).

Problem? It's a Mercury Mariner.

Other Problem? I have two booster riders and only two booster seats - a Parkway (YAY!) and a Monterey (uh - oh).

So with the Radian XT and those two boosters, there was NO WAY they would all fit - at all.

So I went in the house, the kids had just finished lunch, and I put ds in his boots, on the scale and he was 35.5 pounds. So I changed him from jeans into sweat pants and took his boots off and weighed him again and he was 35 pounds. YAY!

He had been up to 38 pounds, but we all had the flu a few weeks ago and he lost a lot of weight and his appetite hasn't picked up since then yet.

So it's a tight squeeze, and I showed STBX how HE will have to buckle all three in, because there is no way the girls can buckle their own boosters, and ds was NOT happy about riding backwards, and cried at the thought, but then settled in and was content when it was time to go after all of the seat stuff was figured out.

I need to get a picture when they get back! I didn't even think about it at that moment - this will truly be the last time he is RF!

ADS

Auntie2six

My STBX is here for the weekend, and my dd's best friend spent last night and will be here the rest of today.

STBX wanted to take the kids out, and after getting dd's best friend's mothers permission, I tried to get 3 across in the rental (I'm not on the rental, and I have places to go, and he didn't want to take my van anyways).

Problem? It's a Mercury Mariner.

Other Problem? I have two booster riders and only two booster seats - a Parkway (YAY!) and a Monterey (uh - oh).

So with the Radian XT and those two boosters, there was NO WAY they would all fit - at all.

So I went in the house, the kids had just finished lunch, and I put ds in his boots, on the scale and he was 35.5 pounds. So I changed him from jeans into sweat pants and took his boots off and weighed him again and he was 35 pounds. YAY!

He had been up to 38 pounds, but we all had the flu a few weeks ago and he lost a lot of weight and his appetite hasn't picked up since then yet.

So it's a tight squeeze, and I showed STBX how HE will have to buckle all three in, because there is no way the girls can buckle their own boosters, and ds was NOT happy about riding backwards, and cried at the thought, but then settled in and was content when it was time to go after all of the seat stuff was figured out.

I need to get a picture when they get back! I didn't even think about it at that moment - this will truly be the last time he is RF!

So did you get a pic? Thats great, I bet you were excited about that! And your kiddos are super cute!

zeo2ski

VERY cool! Strip em down, lol...i'm hoping summer gets here pronto so we can go with nice light cotton shorts and tees;)

How long ago did you turn him full time?

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
VERY cool! Strip em down, lol...i'm hoping summer gets here pronto so we can go with nice light cotton shorts and tees;)

How long ago did you turn him full time?

He was 31 months when he reached 32.5 pounds (we didn't have any 35 pound seats), and he is 50 months now!

I just got a 35 pound seat a few months ago when I got the XT and ds was over 35 then.

So it's been 19 months since he has been RF!

H said that when they got where they were going, he didn't want to get out!

zeo2ski

hehe cuz for the person typing it twenty times a day, it gets old.

That's awesome that he liked it so much--that's a really long time since he last RF'd! I mean Rear Faced;)

Mommy2Marcus

That is awsome! I would LOVE to see some pics! I am about to turn my DS back RF in my car! He weighed in under 30lbs fully dressed this morning! I am wondering how he is going to react to it since he has been FF for about 5 months now full time. We shall see!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I just got the pics, and the only pic he took of the kids in the car, was from the back hatch and ds is making a goofy face.

I'll get some real pics later when I take the seats out of his car - I'll just have ds come out with me to help :)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Here are the pics I took today (yeah, he is in jeans, and that puts him over, but he didn't ride RF today).

IMG00002.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Thanks!

I asked him which way he liked more, and he said forward facing, but I think that might have a lot to do with him feeling it's a big boy way to ride, he has been telling me for the last few months that he wants a booster like his sister and friends, but I just keep telling him that even though he is a big boy and I think he'd be great in a booster, no boosters will fit him right. I told him that as soon as he is 40 pounds he can start riding once in a while in a booster to get used to it, but he was 38 pounds FOREVER and just dropped back to 35 pounds, so it's probably going to be a while. At least 40 pounds is concrete though, and it's not a matter of him being a "baby" or me not trusting him.

zeo2ski

Aww look at those big ol 4 year old feet lol!

Sounds like a good plan, since he'll likely be at least 5 when he hits 40, better to keep it about size rather than "permission". :thumbsup: Backward or forward he's cute either way!

Splash

His feet are enormous! Holy cow! He's not much older than Charlie, and I don't think Charlie's feet are anywhere near that big!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I don't mind his big feet, after all you know what they say about boys with big feet?

They wear big shoes!

I have big feet too, so does dd, so I am not surprised that ds does too. I think he is wearing a size 12 or 13? But he is 42 inches tall too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC