The poor (wo)man's Bugaboo

Morganthe

I'm a stroller junky. I admit it freely :D So I'm always curious about new riding products for our offspring.
I just found this at Walmart and couldn't stop laughing. I'm amazed there is no copyright infringement suit going on. So for those of you who would love a Bugaboo and will not buy one for the ridiculous price ($700+) Here you go :)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5005247

I just don't know how those little swivel wheels deal with curbs :confused:

ADS

lovinwaves

ooooaaaa.... I like I like. Pretty cute, but I am wondering about those wheels too? Where's the cupholder(cell phone holder)? Gotta have my cup holder!!:p

Lara

Wally world is tricky... they didn't put the weight limit. 33 lbs. Rediculous if you ask me. I think it is cute though.

Lara

Momma to Kamryn- rf in a scenera, soon to be zebra marathon

lovinwaves

Wally world is tricky... they didn't put the weight limit. 33 lbs. Rediculous if you ask me. I think it is cute though.

Lara

Momma to Kamryn- rf in a scenera, soon to be zebra marathon

I was looking for a weight max. too!! Well, 33lbs just won't cut it for us! Darn....it is a cutie tho!

Morganthe

Ohhhh, a real honest to goodness Hauck item! :eek: I miss that brand so much. It's like the affordable, but still well made, version of the expensive stuff. After my daughter rebelled against being strapped in her high chair, I picked up a baby-child wooden stool for around $25. It's an almost identical copy of the ones selling for over $100. Works great after almost 3 years of daily use.

What I wish was sold over here, was this:
http://www.guenstiger.de/gt/main.asp?produkt=393934
It's a German site for the Hauck Dream & play Plus. UK has only the regular version. It's narrower and much longer (abt 49") than the American bassinet/playyard systems and one end zips open as a door. I think it's rated up to around 6 years old depending how tall the child is.

DD loves going into it to rest or play. It's been a lifesaver during this past year with so much moving and travelling. A kind of security blanket. It's permanently set up in our bedroom for those late night visits which have become less and less over time. No fussing or fighting, she just crawls into it when she's scared or upset.

I suggested it to One Step Ahead, but never heard back from them. Too bad.

Last edited:

super_grape

One of my good friends has one of those, not sure if it has
the "door" or what brand it is but it's very long:) and definately
european. She bought it at a baby store here in Ontario for $129 CDN.

We get a few Hauck things up here at Walmart and once at Sam's (they had that Infinity for $200 CDN a while back). It's mostly bargain strollers and Walmart carries a Hauck pack n play with Winnie The Pooh but it's the standard size.

Morganthe

The 'door' really is nothing fancy, but my daughter appreciates being able to get in and out on her own. Since I only bought this last Dec after she was 2, I never used it with it closed up. It's just a bed to her with high sides and a foam mattress that kept her warm during some really cold nights :D

I saw this stroller too at Walmart with a 45lb weight limit (more practical than the 1st). http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4532478
It looks similiar to my Quinny. Much cheaper though :cool: Nice to have options other than the mall & jogging strollers.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have a (Hauck) I'coo Pico 4 stroller...oooh, it's just loverly! The suspension and quality can't be beat, and I got it new for $199 on ebay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC