CPS information wanted.

lovinwaves

Ok, my "Parents As Teachers" person just left. I don't know if you all know what that is but it is through our local school district where someone visits your home several times a year ages newborn-5 and they discuss learning, education, and how to get your child ready for school. Here is the link for anyone interested in learning more.
http://www.parentsasteachers.org/site/pp.asp?c=ekIRLcMZJxE&b=272092
Even if you are going to home school or, like in our situation your kids are going to go to Private School, this program is AWESOME! Anyways, she is wanting me to put together a small packet of info to pass out to parents in our school district on CPS Safety. Does anyone have a great website I could go to to print off some stuff to pass out, or has anyone done anything like this. Any suggestions would be Extremely helpful for me!! I am trying to spread the word about CPS safety and of course the "rear-facing issue", since a lot of the kids are under 3 years old. Thank you so much in advance!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I have a bunch of stuff, but it's saved in AOL which I can't load on this computer :eek: You can find stuff by searching through NHTSA, Pediatric Journal, www.boosterseat.gov etc. -- the RF & extended harness photo albums are good, too.... Worse comes to worse I could scan stuff in to email?

lovinwaves

I have a bunch of stuff, but it's saved in AOL which I can't load on this computer :eek: You can find stuff by searching through NHTSA, Pediatric Journal, www.boosterseat.gov etc. -- the RF & extended harness photo albums are good, too.... Worse comes to worse I could scan stuff in to email?

If I only have a handful of handouts what would be the most important to have. So far I know I want one on Rear-Facing, and CPS Tech Stations(where they can get their seats check). Any other ideas?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Forgot that www.carseat.org (without the hyphen) has an area for printing off one page things....

Their 5 Steps poster is good -- what I usually hand out is the updated (May 2005) AAP statement through the Pediatric Journal & 5 Steps if nothing else.

The rest can depend a lot on the audience & if you have time I suggest just looking through it all & choosing what you think is best (it's all good stuff)!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC