Question Which minivans should we be looking at? (in Canada)

triscuitsmom

This is my first time in this forum. DP and I are looking at purchasing our first vehicle in another year or year and a half. We considered a car, but we already have two kids and will (providing that my body cooperates) likely have another on the way by the time we are getting the new vehicle. Considering we are open to more after that too we aren't to keen on purchasing a car and filling it as soon as we get it, only to outgrow it and need a new vehicle in possibly another 2-3 years from when we get it.

So we are thinking it makes much more sense to buy a used minivan. Having never done this before what would you recommend we be looking for? From age of the vehicle to make/model, keeping safety and carseat compatibility in mind as well.

Since we will be transporting multiple children (ours and friends) at a time multiple tethor hooks are mandatory (we are in Canada so legally we must use them, and I would from a safety perspective want to anyway). We will extended rearface but then extended harness as well so we'll likely need at least a couple for the forward facing seats in our future (and if they have an easy spot to rear tether our Radian and any Britax seats in our future that would be great, but it's not a deal breaker, just a bonus).

Whew... that got long. Any insight would be great so that we can keep an eye out when the time comes and start saving now :)

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC