Graco's response to stress marked bases

Sarabela

I contacted Graco about the stress marks on our 2 bases for our snugrides which were made in 11-05 and 12-05 and only used since April and here is their response (after first asking if I had been in an accident which I have not)

"Unfortunately, the problem you are describing is not repairable. We
would like to send you two pre-paid shipping label's for use with DHL so
you can return the bases to us for replacement. We will order the
label's for you; you should receive it along with instructions for the
return by mail within 7 to 10 business days. I will be sending you two
new bases and you should receive them in less than two weeks. If we can
be of further assistance, please contact us again."

At this point I do not need them as we are done with the infant carriers but I am happy to be sending mine back to them to look at. I sure hope they improve them. Also I am planning to save up to get some new car seats soon (I posted about having AOE's) because my boys are 5 months old and the front buckle on the AOE's is in the front most position (there are 3 positions) and it is already quite far under them rather than right between their legs. Does that matter much btw? (I know the position of the shoulder straps is important) we will need new ones eventually anyway since they will outgrow the shoulder harness probably when they are about 2.

ADS

lovinwaves

That's awesome that they are willing to send you new bases whether you need them or not. It's always nice to see companies take responsiblity!

Yoshi

Plus---you will have 2 new bases which will enable you to pass those seats on or use them for another baby since they won't expire until 2011. Kudos for Graco!

skaterbabs

We had that problem with the base on our SnugRide when Joyjoy had *just* started using it (we bought the seat in July and I called Graco in NOvember, maybe?)
They did exactly the same thing for us.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Glad Graco is taking care of the problem for you.

We just bought a snugride for our upcoming new arrival and I'm wondering how to tell when a base looks stress marked?

Sarabela

Mine have white marks all over them in certain places. I hadnt even noticed them until the police officer pointed them out. Now that I know what they are I dont know how I missed them.

skaterbabs

Call Graco and complain. They'll probably send you a PP return label and send you a new base once you return the old one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC