How do you secure your pets in your vehicle ?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I do have a barrier in my Envoy. I know it won't stop them, but it will slow things down a little. If I only have 1 dog, I use a wire crate. I prefer the plastic crates that are airline approved, but I need a crate with a side door for my truck. My dogs are never loose in the car. In DH's truck, they ride in plastic airline approved crates, that are strapped into the bed.

The problem with barriers is not so much that they just don't stop the dogs, it that the barriers tend to break apart and now you have a bunch of metal rods flying through the car as well as the dog. Same with wire crates. Plastic ones too. If you are going to crate, the fabric ones with PVC frames have a side opening, and if the PVC breaks, at least it is contained inside the nylon shell.

I use a LATCH strap around the seat legs and put the dogs on the floorboards by the kids feet (and make the kids take off shoes). The dogs love that spot because the kids end up petting them with their feet the whole trip.

ADS

mfrasier

I dont know if this has been already brought up but do you use LATCH to secure you child seats and how big are the dogs because some dog car harness and belts will buckle into an empty seat belt buckle. So if you had one you could use it...or you could use one of the empty lower anchor points and have the dogs lay at you kids feet depending on how large or small they are or find something long enough to run it under the seat into the hatch area...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC