New carseat?

JamieB

Even though I already have a True Fit and a BLVD for DS, I really want a Safeseat or a Snugride 32. Of course, the new crash test info about infant seats kinda freaked me out. Are infant seats even safe? And yes, even though DS is getting older and heavier I really do find the infant seats really convenient. I also have another little one on the way, ETA mid-October.

Also, my friend really needs an inexpensive higher weight seat. Her two year old outgrew her seat and is in a booster. I have used my True Fit maybe 10 times now, and got it for $170 in February. How much would you think is fair to sell it for? Or is there another seat I can point out to her?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
How much does her 2yr old weigh? I'm guessing she outgrew her seat by weight and is over 40lbs, otherwise she can't even legally be in a booster... (forgetting all the rest of the equation of her age and maturity not being to a point where a booster would be safe, if she's under 40lbs, it's simply illegal.)

I'd probably help her save and depending on the vehicle either get an apex or a Nautilus. The Nautilus will be on sale at TRU starting this coming Friday (the 13th) or it's regularly $214 at Wal-Mart. I think you're better off keeping the convertible seat for your own use since you have another little one on the way, but that's obviously up to you. ;) So far as a fair selling price is your seat a Sept 2008 DOM? I'd probably say range of 150 to 170 is reasonable since the seat is close to new. If she were to wait she could buy one on sale at Zeller's for 150, so that's probably the price I'd go with - but you may have a DOM that's 6 months newer than the ones being sold at Zeller's - I don't know if they have gotten new DOM in yet or not.

So far as the carrier, I'd go SR32 over the SS1. Graco swears it's an identical size as the SS1, but the SR32 shell does seem slightly deeper in the bum to me and I suspect it will offer a little more height growing room. If you'll get use from the carrier and want one, then go for it. I bought the SS1 for Jonas when he was about to outgrow the snugride and never regretted it. Since you have another baby on the way, you know it's going to get more use anyways even if you don't end up using it much right now. :thumbsup:

sparkyd

So far as a fair selling price is your seat a Sept 2008 DOM? I'd probably say range of 150 to 170 is reasonable since the seat is close to new. If she were to wait she could buy one on sale at Zeller's for 150, so that's probably the price I'd go with - but you may have a DOM that's 6 months newer than the ones being sold at Zeller's - I don't know if they have gotten new DOM in yet or not.

I bought a True Fit at Zellers in February (in Ottawa - when they got new stock in after the last sale) and it had a Nov 2008 DOM. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC