Boulevard in extended cab truck?

MelissaDyan

Hello! My first post...what a great forum!

We live in Southeast Alaska and will be travelling south next month. While there, we plan on purchasing a new convertible seat. Holden is currently approx 19lbs, 28 inches long. He is quickly outgrowing his Graco Snugride.

I've done a lot of searching online and I want to get a Britax. I really like the Boulevard.

We are concerned by its size, however. We have a 2004 F-150 extended cab with latch system. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Boulevard in the extended cab? If not, but you do have a Britax, which model works for you?

Thanks so much!

Melissa in Sitka, Alaska!

ADS

ASC

First, let me say that I'm not a certified tech. That being said, I can get a very solid FF install of my Britax Wizard (nearly identical to the Boulevard, just a previous generation) in my parents 2001 F-150 extended cab. The seat sits more upright than in my vehicle, but is ok for my dd's age and size. Also, on the 2001, the tether strap works by going through the fabric loop behind the seat and attaching to an adjacent fabric loop. See owner's manual to double check for your model year. Good luck.

ASC

Oops -- see you are looking for a RF install. I did not try to do a RF with this particular seat, but recall my Britax Galaxy (no longer made) fit well too. The two seats were roughly the same size. Sorry, not as much help as I hoped.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I actually detest my ff install of my Britax convertibles in my dh's extra cab Dodge. While it's in securely, they are MUCH to upright for napping. And all the kids, even up to 4...still nap while in the car! I only use it as a LAST resort.

I haven't installed one rf that I can recall.

MelissaDyan

Just bumping...

any input? Anyone? I'm most interested in a Britax Boulevard, but also considering the Marathon or Decathlon. I need to be able to install it rear-facing as well as forward.

Thanks! :)

MelissaDyan

KaysKidz said:
I actually detest my ff install of my Britax convertibles in my dh's extra cab Dodge. While it's in securely, they are MUCH to upright for napping. And all the kids, even up to 4...still nap while in the car! I only use it as a LAST resort.

I haven't installed one rf that I can recall.
Good input, thank you. That will be something else to consider. I'm guessing it's because the backseat in the trick is upright? Ours is, too.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I actually think our biggest problem is there is no space between the back of the seat and the cab of the truck. And since the Britax seats are so tall, the top of it presses on the window pretty hard. If I scooted the base forward to get more of a recline, none of the back of the Britax would be against the vehicle seat (due to the upright seat) and then too much of the base would hang over. Even if the seat were deeper, the kids wouldn't have room for their legs since it would put the edge of the Britax near the back of the front seats. Now, my RA fits much better. But it has the shorter shell.

I'm sure I could get a rf install, at least in the center w/the center console down. But on the sides, might be an issue unless I went with a more upright install.

Don't recall if I mentioned...but this is in a '96 Dodge 3/4 diesel 4x4...so not sure if other extra cabs have more/less room.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
FWIW, I have installed the BV rf in my Dad's truck. Not sure what year, but an older Chevy 1ton extra cab. Got a pretty decent install (not as good as my sub, but could of been the working conditions! LOL We don't have a 3rd door, so it makes installing car seats challenging! But definitely within the less than 1" movement guideline. I installed it center...with the console down to get a decent recline.

lovinwaves

Well, I just moved my 19 lb baby boy to a New Marathon. I LOVE IT. He just pretty much outgrew his snugride. There is no comparision in quality between the snugride and the Marathon. I was worried my little man would seem little in the MArathon(he is only in the 40% in height and 10% in weight), but oh my gosh he fit so snug!!!! This seat is the BOMB!!! As far as if it would fit in your truck, you can go to your local Babies rus store and they will let you bring a seat out to your truck to see if it fits correctly. Remember once you purchase your seat to have it IMMEDIATELY checked by a CPS TECH for correct installation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC