Bus Conversions

sixmaybemore

Our family is transitioning to full time RV'ing over the next month. Right now we have a 30' travel trailer, and pull it with a Suburban. For various reasons, we feel a bus conversion is our best bet for an upgrade, which will hopefully take place by the end of this year.

For those of you unfamiliar, a bus conversion is when you take a charter bus or a school bus (in our case, a charter bus), and convert it to a motor home. We are hoping to get our hands on a 40-45' that is already partially converted. Our biggest concern off the top is making sure there is seating for everyone.

I'm looking for input on the best way to get seating back into the bus. Buy seats from that make/model, and add seat belts? Take the bus to a van conversion or a bus conversion place and have them put new seats in? I'm also going to ask this question on the bus conversion forums when I get posting privileges, but so far it doesn't seem that actually keeping or putting in seating in a bus conversion is something very many people do.

Any resources or input would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

TXAggieTech

Hi again!

I would think that your best bet would be to get in contact with the maker of the bus regarding seats and belt options. You also may be able to find one with the original seating still intact and look at some of the vests that are options for lap belts.

Some of the bus conversions are way cool, people put a lot of time and money into making them beautiful. Lack of slide outs are their biggest drawback when moving from a typical RV.

Like you said, most people instantly gut the entire thing right off the bat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC