Vent Ugh, not liking como, what to do?

purplemama

Now that I've installed it and tried to put DS in it, I am so not liking the Como. I bought it for the all the padding and head pillows and stuff but it's super hard to get DS in and out, it would be easier without all that stuff but the head pillow things are "strongly recommended" for the first two slots and that's why I bought the seat in the first place. So hard to install, I can't tighten the harness,(the harness covers catch on the head pillow things and I'm used to pulling down in the back of the seat to help tighten) arrrgh I am soooo mad at myself. Now I'm stuck with a seat I don't like, can't return (albeebaby $25 restocking fee and shipping it back would be about another $25). I can't sell it on here because I'm too new here. CL maybe? That would be a long shot around here. I will never buy a car seat I can't return again. I'm soooo stupid. Why did I buy it? Why? I'm venting about my idiot self here. D*&% my "need" to buy a seat I did not need. I should have listened when people pointed out some drawbacks to the Como.:hitselfonhead::hitselfonhead::hitselfonhead:

ADS

Splash

Well, I suppose then that you could use the DOM thing to your advantage to send it back, but then they would probably just ship you a newer one. Unless they don't have any newer ones, which is probably the case because I don't think that seat was even MADE in 2008.

Or you could ask them to waive the restock fee for that reason, and just pay the return shipping.

Or sell it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sorry :( (I hated mine, but bought it from babycatalog for full price and sent it right back for free.....then again, there's a reason I've ended up owning 64 seats... I should have just taken people's advice more and saved myself a few seats :eek::rolleyes:). Buy something cheap for rearfacing and use it FF? It's awfully comfy and tall for FF. You can become a supporter for $5 and sell it here ;)

Or just take out the head pillows. Recaro was being extra anal about safety there. Without the pillows, it's not too different from my Graco infant seat.

purplemama

Well, I suppose then that you could use the DOM thing to your advantage to send it back, but then they would probably just ship you a newer one. Unless they don't have any newer ones, which is probably the case because I don't think that seat was even MADE in 2008.

Or you could ask them to waive the restock fee for that reason, and just pay the return shipping.

Or sell it.

If the seat wasn't even made in 2008 do you think maybe they looked at the wrong seat when I asked for a DOM? I wonder if they looked at a Signo. I thought $146 was a pretty good price for an 8-8-08 DOM.

purplemama

Maybe I'll try it with out the head pillows. I just wish it would warm up because installing car seats in the cold sucks!!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If the seat wasn't even made in 2008 do you think maybe they looked at the wrong seat when I asked for a DOM? I wonder if they looked at a Signo. I thought $146 was a pretty good price for an 8-8-08 DOM.

I'm sure the seats are stacked up on a shelf... the oldest ones should be on the front, but rarely is there time or energy for employees to shuffle seats around...someone just ran back there, looked at the first box on the top, then it probably got sold between the first and second time you called, and you got the seat that's been languishing on the bottom a bit longer. Happens at BRU all the time...I just sold a Boulevard that was made 1/29/09, and I *Know* there are some that are sitting on another shelf halfway around the store that have been there since October :whistle:

AtTheSouthDam

If you are stuck with it I would take the harness covers off for rear facing. The straps don't sit close enough together to bother my daughter's neck so mine are currently wrapped around that little metal bar in back. I will put them back on when/if she out grows the side impact pillows or starts complaining. The hip bolster can probably come out too. With out those it became ten times easier to put my daughter in.

otherwise Craig's list, Ebay, buy your way into swap... Or save it for FF.

Heamae

I had the same problem and being in MI as well dont think mine will sell. I just decided to take the pillows out and I like it a lot more now. My dd wouldnt even get in the seat with the pillows.

Splash

For that price you should be able to sell it on CL and get what you paid. $150 is really a very good price for that seat for what it is.

I'd put it up on CL for $180, show pictures, list retail, etc. That way, when people want to bargain (and they will), you can "go down" to $140 and you recoup your investment plus they think they got a great deal.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
LOL...I just read through some of your old posts to get an idea of your situation....and we have almost the same lives, LOL!! I have a ds born in 12-07, who is TINY, his torso is just now abotu 10.5 inches at 13 months, lol...and his extra seat is a titan. I ALMOST bought him a como on sale too!! heehee.
I'd offer to trade you but..uh..what I have to trade is a ..TITAN, LOL!! ROFL.
(Mods, i'm not trying to circumvent swap, it wasn't a real offer to trade, just saying what a hilarious parallel situation...lol)
Tiny babies rock!!! i'm looking forward to DS rearfacing at 5, lol! My sig right now is him in his AOE, on the first slots!

purplemama

LOL...I just read through some of your old posts to get an idea of your situation....and we have almost the same lives, LOL!! I have a ds born in 12-07, who is TINY, his torso is just now abotu 10.5 inches at 13 months, lol...and his extra seat is a titan. I ALMOST bought him a como on sale too!! heehee.
I'd offer to trade you but..uh..what I have to trade is a ..TITAN, LOL!! ROFL.
(Mods, i'm not trying to circumvent swap, it wasn't a real offer to trade, just saying what a hilarious parallel situation...lol)
Tiny babies rock!!! i'm looking forward to DS rearfacing at 5, lol! My sig right now is him in his AOE, on the first slots!

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll be able to rearface until kindergarten or so!! Tiny babies do rock, they don't outgrow clothes nearly as fast and are much easier to carry around.

Just wanted to say the only thing I don't like about the Titan is the continous harness. I wanted some headwing type stuff for safety but the Titan will have to do for now because DH has forbidden any more car seat purchases :whistle:. At least any I can't return easily. He's not being mean he just wants to be done with different seats. And for me to shut up about car seats!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC