Saw this in town - is it safe?

Adib

There is a daycare provider in town who drives an older model Ford Taurus with the 3rd rear facing seat in the back. She has 3 FF carseats in the middle seat, and 2 FF seats in the back, however since they seat is backwards they are FFing in a RFing seat. Make sense? This doesn't seem safe to me, but I don't really know. Is it? And if it's not ... would you approach her? I don't *know* her, I know her name and where she lives (it's a SMALL town), I have no reason to use daycare so I can't just drop in and check her place out for no reason ... ?

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I think thoes aren't safe... i was asked lots of questions about side facing/refacting seat (not car seats) when looking into buying out land rover b/c it has fold down back seats...

Simplysomething

If she'd have read the manuals for the carseats she would have come across the part where it says not to install them in a rear-facing vehical seat.

I have to say, I've never seen a taurus configured like that. Was it a sedan or a wagon?

flipper68

Senior Community Member
BOTH manuals: vehicle and car seat prohibit installing a CR in a rear (or side facing seat).

I'd certainly want to address this. How? Depends on how well you know her. Could you approach her with, "Did you know. . .?" or leave a note/mail something to her home?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
If she is licensed, contact your licensing agency (for us, it's DHS) and let them know. If they are concerned (and they should be) they will do an inspection. I've never had DHS look in my car (I do daycare) but they did just recently add some new guidelines for transporting children.

Adib

I don't know her - just recently saw her at my garage sale. I think what I might do is drop by, offer a few more of our toys just to give her (she bought a ton when she was here) and then notice the seats and mention my surprise because I always thought that wasn't allowed but maybe she could check her manual? I don't know ... :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC